1999 Mirage 5000

ATM66

1999 Mirage 5000  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi I am the owner of a 1999 Mirage 5000 it is on a Fiat Ducato chassis. The vehicle was broken into 2 years ago and was taken to a Motorhome repairers, it has remained there ever since. They have told me that they cannot find a replacement wiper motor for the van. Which is the only thing it requires to get it's MOT. I have sent the numerous motors which the told me don't fit. I have been disabled for 6 years and find it difficult to challenge the garage or get stressed. The people I bought it off new for £52,000 are not very helpful. All I want to do is get my van back and have some enjoyment. The vehicle has only done 3000 miles from new. Can somebody please help me to resolve this

It's not good to hear you've been without your van for 2 years!

I would find it hard to believe that something couldn't be adapted, even if a direct replacement is not available. Or, it's possible a decent Marine/Auto electrician could re-build it....

Have they taken the old wiper motor off, and if so can you lay your hands on it and take a photo?

Failing that, I have a friend with the same van, so I could ask him if necessary.

There are a loads of wiper variations available in the Marine Industry, and you just might find something to suit off the shelf......Try Vetus, C-Quip, or ASAP Supplies....to name a few.

Thanks for your response, the garage suspiciously didn't retain the old motor but threw it away. Otherwise as you rightly said the wiper motor and its gearbox could have been rebuilt. I agree that the fixing plate for the wiper motor could be adapted. The Ducato motor sent was too small, there is approximately 3" between the mounting holes. If you could ask your friend for the part number and make I would much appreciate this.

Unfortunately I sent them the Fiat Ducato wiper motor to match the chassis number but it is too small. Being an A class motor home it has a large windscreen. Thanks for your comments

Hi I own an Auto Sleeper Luxor aka Mirage 6000..The wiper motors were manufactured by an Italian company O.S.L.V. I have just googled that and came up with their website osvlitalia. There is an online catalog and contact address. I hope this helps. From looking at information I have from the Mirage Owners Club the motor is good and strong but the other parts of the assembly are prone to corrosion resulting in seizure and stripping of a nylon cog in the gearbox

Regards David

PS motor details

99-01 026 12v MI P 20 98

This is from owners club information

Archived