Towing a car

Scaff910

No one else seems to be answering, here's my take on things, I tow my Toyota Yaris behind my Autotrail Savannah, I tow using an A-Frame because my van only has a 1060kg tow limit, so for us a trailer is a non-starter, We don't take the A-Frame onto the Continent because they have laws against one vehicle towing another, unless it has broken down. For us having our car with us is perfect.Cannot have bikes because the misses is disabled and we have 2 dogs with us. My advice check your vans 'tow limit weight' before spending money on a towbar, and definitely before buying a trailer.

If you are looking for a trailer I am about to sell my Brian James Trailer fitted with a motormover. I had my IQ on it but it would be good for Aygo and similar size cars. Trailers are good but I would not do it without a motormover. We travelled around Europe with it without any problems, we could park the trailer on the pitch with the car still on it, so no having to take the car off if it was just a one night stop.

PM me if you are interested or if you just want to ask anything about our experience of towing.

I tow an iQ on a standard single-axle ifor williams transporter trailer without a motor mover and I cope well enough. Empty a single axe trailer is very easy to wheel around without assistance. A motor mover would certainly be handy for manoeuvring onto pitches etc in confined circumstances but since we tour in low season, tight space has never really been a problem and it wouldn't be worth the extra cost/weight for me. Our trailer is over-long for the small car but the extra length makes the outfit much easier to reverse when hitched up.

Archived