Oh no...Not tyre pressures again

Nick Miller

Guest Nick Miller
We run the Neuevo at 55psifront/60rear. In order that we can keep an eye on pressures whilst in France could some kind person,Derek, translate the psi to the Bar figure used abroad. There.. wasnt that bad.

Guest Mike C
Close Clive. Divide PSI by 14.5 to give BAR. Therefore 55 psi = 3.6 bar and 60 = 4.2 bar. To avoid under inflation the answers are rounded up. Regards Mike C

Of ALL the metric applications I think the one for tyre pressures the most 'Woolly' and potentially dangerous. (if you consider low bridges marked only in metres 'Safe' ?). Pounds per square inch is a MUCH more precise measurement, Than either Kilograms per 'Whatever' OR Bar. I'M sticking to 'good old imperial' for this measurement at least.When all us 'Old Gits' over 50 have 'died off' you have our permission to change to Metric.RayJ

Sorry Nick ! just having a 'Rant'.Why dont you get yourself a good quality pressure gauge,the 'good' ones are calibrated in PSi and Bar,then just confirm that they STAY 55psi front and 60psi rear,whilst in foriegn parts. RayJ

Guest Derek Uzzell
Close Mike, apparently a Bar = 14.5038 psi and, Clive, an "atmosphere" (and there are 2 variants of this) is seemingly not quite the same as a Bar. It's not that I'm a trivia-hound, just that I'm red-hot on GOOGLE (see www.engnetglobal.com/tips/convert.asp if you are metrically challenged)

Archived