Advice needed on tie down straps and fiamma pro tension bar

hideyspidey

Hi. We have an omnistor 5000 wind out sun canopy, it may be quite old, the grey and black stripe one. Anyway we have bought two thule tie down straps that I was told by thr company are for the omnistor 5000, however they don't fit. I can't see how our where our why. Also we have a fiamma pro bar but it has nothing to clip onto on the awning or the awning box. Am I missing something. Please help

Emma

We have FIAMMA 65S canopy and bought a FIAMMA tie down kit last year and hooked the small clip into the front awning slot for the first couple of times until this past week I decided that further investigation was required as one could not slide front part of awning into this slot. The answer was quite simple. The 65S has a slot in the front and it clips into that. As for the rafter there are two small brackets one on the box and one on the leading edge of the canopy but inside where the legs fold into.

Hi all, I have a Fiamma roll-out awning on my 1996 Ducato. Now, being from Yorkshire and a bit of a tight a**e, I found that stopping the awning flapping about and making a racket was simple. Using 2 bungee type luggage straps, 2 guy ropes and 2 decent tent pegs Hook 1 strap to the top of each leg and attach guy ropes to other ends of the bungees. drive in tent pegs a couple of feet in front of the awning legs and attach guy ropes to each. Tighten guy ropes until bungees start to stretch. Wind in awning until tight and not flapping. This method is suitable for most weather conditions but will not withstand gales. The awnings were not designed for really bad weather. Have a go! It should set you back at least £2. Cheers Ian

Do you have a slot which runs the whole length of the aluminium canopy housing with NO HOLE this is on the FRONT of the canopy housing FIAMMA. The awning slot is inside where the upright legs are located, there is a small hole on the end caps into which you slide your front awning.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived