motor show yesterday

jesters

Dont know what to really make of the motor show yesterday, it didnt seem busy at all. you could walk around without rubbing shoulders with people. Some lovely vans there , but found some of the sales folk a bit snotty. must be the only show where we didnt buy anything at all. hope the next one at the nec is better. had anyone looked at a new website called sellmycaravan.com. it list most the vans that your looking for and its free to place an advert with them. have a good day all.

We went on Wednesday/Thursday last week. I agree, it wasn't very busy at all and I was very surprised. We had no problems with snotty sales folk, quite the reverse. I thought it was an excellent opportunity to look at the new vans and to talk to the component manufacturers direct. We spent some time on the Fiat stand looking at the new base vehicle. Also we had the chance to talk to Dometic (still strying to decide whether to take out the leaking Seitz window to reseal it), talk to Thetford about the new loo green sachets, talk direct to Truma, etc. etc. We didn't spend much money but we learned such a lot.

We went to the show on saturday and had a great day out we even ordered a new motorcaravan from brownhills our first after doing our homework as to what we wanted and got a good deal.We also joined camping / caravan club all we need to do now is to retire roll on december. whilst looking at the vans we fancied we met and chatted to some really nice couples who were intending to do the same as us by taking early retirement spending the kids inheritance and looking forward to having a really good time in the future.

Hope you gets lots of enjoyment from the new Compass, Kelly. Problem with that makers name, you won't have any excuse for getting lost. We've recently returned to the fold with a Bessacarr E410. We agreed years ago we would come back when I retire, but you can spend your life waiting and that's not my nature. It's great to be back where we our spirits belong and looking forward to getting the "Van" (we still have to name it) out and about. 1st proper trip will have to be a shake-down as the vans have changed considerably since our last homebuild in the early / mid 70's Problem is HALF our payload is taken up with all the Manuals. Flicka

Archived