Parking at Dunkirk Port

StuartO

I read somewhere recently that there is acres of parking at the port in Dunkirk but can't find the thread.

Anyone used it recently? I would welcome a briefing on the approach route to the best place to park. Is it outside or inside the check-in? We will be arriving late afternoon and departing for an 0600 ferry the following morning.

We've stopped a few times so unless it's changed...

Follow the ferry check-in signs in to the port as if you were heading straight on to a ferry.

At the last roundabout, you'll see the check-in lanes straight ahead. Bear right (and keep right) on the access road to the the ticket office - park up here in the car park (the check-in lanes and car park are separated by a high fence). From memory there is actually a direction sign for the ticket office but I could be making that up. In any case, on the ground, it's really pretty obvious.

Not sure if I can post links here, but if you look at Google maps, you'll see that you come on to the roundabout at 5 o'clock, then exit the roundabout at 11 o'clock (not 12 / 1 o'clock!). You can clearly see the car park and access road (there's two white vans parked on the access road and a white car on it, whilst there's three lorries in the check-in lanes.)

There'll likely be other 'vans in the car park to keep you company.

To get back to check-in, the exit from the car park takes you back to the roundabout.

Tommy.

Archived