Heater on gas overnight

candapack

We are set up to not need an EHU, with a solar panel and 2 leisure batteries. However, in cold weather, OH insists on mains electricity so we can leave the heater on overnight. She will not leave it on on gas.

A sensible precaution, or a groundless fear?

vindiboy - 2015-06-14 4:44 PM

Providing your gas heater is burning correctly and properly vented there is no worries about leaving it on overnight, how would that differ to sitting all evening with it burning ??

If it ain't burning correctly and properly vented and you are sleeping you will almost certainly die, I guess that differs from just sitting there feeling drowsy.

Providing your gas heater is burning correctly and properly vented there is no worries about leaving it on overnight, how would that differ to sitting all evening with it burning ??

If it ain't burning correctly and properly vented and you are sleeping you will almost certainly die, I guess that differs from just sitting there feeling drowsy.

Guest pelmetman
starvin marvin - 2015-06-14 5:34 PM

Fit a CO alarm then you can sleep soundly ;-) ...........If you fit a refillable you'll be able to sleep cheaper too :D ............

starvin marvin - 2015-06-14 5:34 PM
vindiboy - 2015-06-14 4:44 PMProviding your gas heater is burning correctly and properly vented there is no worries about leaving it on overnight, how would that differ to sitting all evening with it burning ??
Well that was my point ,if it burning correctly and properly vented it is no problem either sleeping or sitting  there of an evening, But if it is NOT ??????

Archived