Lost my 12volts !

Greenie

Just back from an enjoyable few days away. Upon arrival home, the electric step refused to operate until I connected the mains and then all seemed OK. Switched off mains and back to square 1.

The MH has a CBE PC2000 to control the various functions - does anyone have any idea as to where I start? Oh yes, if it helps, a new leisure battery was installed a few months ago.

Cheers

Shortcircuit,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry, I should have said. A WildAx Aurora Leisure on a 2010 Citroen Relay. Incidentally, when packing up the step functioned after disconnecting from the EHU!

Unfortunately I do not have knowledge of your MH and had hoped somebody would respond that did.

As I understand it the step is powered from the starter battery and retracts when engine is started. Within the engine compartment, I hope, you will find two relays and 3/4 fuses. These are used to provide 12volts to the fridge, 12volts charging to the leisure battery and 12volts for the step. If you can find these then look for a dirty/slack connection or even a relay loose.

Not an expert on your MH but I find it coincidental that the step has operated when on hook up and suggest the above is where you should be looking.

Please feedback so we can all learn.

After a hot sweaty day investigating the system - all fuses in the CBE units OK - and guess what? A fault in the cable from the negative terminal of the leisure battery!

Problem solved. Thanks to those who responded.

Archived