DFDS Seaways Ferry

Len Salisbury

I have a Peugeot Boxer LWB and is 6m long and about 2.5m high. In their vehicle category for cars they have got a car spec same as my M/H but 7m for a price of £78 return when I phoned they said that because the vehicle was registered as a M/H it it would have to go in that category with a price tag of £98.

Hi

Can't you tell them it's a van? After all it's not going to take up more space and upset their loading plan.

My Flash 02 is exactly 6m with the bike frame up and around 30cm more when the bikes are on. In spite of that, I've booked as 'upto 6m' and got away with it several times.

Alan

If this is the Dover - Dunkirk ferry, cars go on an upper deck with (IIRC) a 2.4 metre hight limit.

Motorhomes go on the lower deck with lorries & other vehicles over 2.4 metres high.

The access to the built-in ramp to the upper deck is tight in a car - I would not fancy trying to get a van around the tight turn to get up the narrow ramp to the hight-restricted deck.

manxli - 2015-06-18 12:39 PM

Hi

Can't you tell them it's a van? After all it's not going to take up more space and upset their loading plan.

My Flash 02 is exactly 6m with the bike frame up and around 30cm more when the bikes are on. In spite of that, I've booked as 'upto 6m' and got away with it several times.

Alan

A van (Private) is £103 one way for the same timings.

Archived