Saggy Bottom on a Rapido

Sunlovers

We're noticing a real droopy offside rear beginning to show on our 2007 Rapido 7099F. Even unladen the rear offside body shell just sags so noticeably and we're beginning to wonder how best to get this resolved. Our normal MOT/Service station have suggested changing the front offside coil spring to see if that brings the rear torsion bar back into play and helps pull up the body. Personally I am a bit concerned that that's not really explaining how or why the van is showing such a tendency to sag. It's an Al-Ko chassis and reading t'internet it appears that others have had issues with a droopy body, but I've yet to find a real answer as to how to go about getting this properly explored.

Even our local FIAT dealership were a bit vague on the phone as to what might be the problem (despite them having a twee little motorhome service icon on their website).

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to what we might explore please? The vehicle appears to drive AOK regardless, but I am concerned that at some point the law might tug me for looking overloaded on one corner and that's something I am obviously keen to avoid.

Thoughts welcomed guys and gals!

Guest Joe90
Speak directly with Alko would be my first avenue, and whilst not wanting to judge the reason for your issue BUT before I bought my Rapido 7087f I was warned to look out for the very thing you describe my the garage that always look after my vans, as it could be the failure of the axle itself, and very expensive to put right, keep us posted, I'm sure others will be very interested to know the outcome.

I'm beginning to fear the worst already unfortunately. I've had umpteen conversations in real life and this is with supposedly "people in the motor trade". No one has truly been able to offer a proper answer. It's all been a bit woolly and a bit vague. I'll open up a dialogue with Al-Ko UK soonest and see if they are able to guide me to a dealership who understand what to look for underneath the old boy.

Watch this space!

Archived