Truma bS10 problem

p0930

I am up in Orkney with no dealer suppor available. My water heater will not fire up. It seems to ignite then I hear what seems to be a whirring type noise and the failure light comes on. It was working ok until today.

Can anyone offer advice please?

We had exactly the same issue. The cause was condensation / moisture on the pcb take it out dry it with paper towel and leave it near the heater for a good dry out. Put it back and all may be well. Its under the triangular cover and after unplugging it just pulls out. to sort the problem long term cover the ignition output terminals of the spark transformer with hot melt glue for additional insulation. Hope it solves your problem.

Dave

Hi

was the pcb damp or slightly moist (if so this will be the issue)

just a word of caution it took ours several hours to dry out as the moisture penetrates under the components if it was the slightest bit damp when you removed it then a hair dryer for a while then a long slow dry is required. ours took over 12 hours. and of course dry out the enclosure.

the ignition output terminals are the two at the bottom of the pcb.

Dave

Many thanks, you were absolutely right. After drying for a few hours it started right back up again. I would have been really stuck but for your advice. Neither Truma or the dealer were able to offer a solution.

The dealer would no doubt have sold you a new pcb at £150. this is quite a common problem with these water heaters i have helped several people with the same issue. Glad your sorted i will give you a shout next time we are in dingwall ;-) Dave

Archived