Where are all the Brits ?

bristol170kj

Evening all! We are camped on a site close to Denia. Last week saw us south of Alicante. We can count on one hand the number of British vans and caravans we have seen. The site we are currently on has started to fill in the last couple of days, with Dutch, German, French and Spanish caravans. But no English. We are moving on on Wednesday morning northwest of Valencia and not expecting to speak English until we get back home in July.

The weather is hot and the sea is refreshing.

Hi

I'm British, but my MH is Swiss registered. I've met other Brits driving foreign registered MHs too! Don't assume the number plate determines nationality of driver. Once one strolled over and asked me if I spoke English and I answered in my best West Midlands accent. (Does that count as British or is it Anglo Saxon?) That surprised him!

Greetings from Switzerland

Alan

manxli - 2015-06-19 9:24 PM

Hi

I'm British, but my MH is Swiss registered. I've met other Brits driving foreign registered MHs too! Don't assume the number plate determines nationality of driver. Once one strolled over and asked me if I spoke English and I answered in my best West Midlands accent. (Does that count as British or is it Anglo Saxon?) That surprised him!

Greetings from Switzerland

Alan

Quite right, our neighbour a few nights ago was from The Netherlands but his van was German registered (they lived just over the border in Germany).

Guest Joe90
Always follows the same pattern I've noticed, apart from the Dordogne and the Loire regions we see very few UK number plates. Currently in the Alsace, parked this evening in Obernai, and have been wandering around south east France since mid May, have only seen one UK reg. At one particular tourist attraction a French guy actually asked us why so few English, no doubt meaning all Brits make it down their particular neck of the woods, which was in the Doubs, I simply had no answer, except to say they didn't know what they were missing. Can't say that I particularly miss them though !

I've found most of 'em for you.

They are all over here in western France.

Plenty in Normandy, Vendee, the Marais region ( Green Venice ) and on Ile d'Oleron.

Also Dutch / German / Belgian as normal - and a few Swiss.

;-)

p.s. we've even got French people here.

malc d - 2015-06-20 10:37 AM

I've found most of 'em for you.

They are all over here in western France.

Plenty in Normandy, Vendee, the Marais region ( Green Venice ) and on Ile d'Oleron.

Also Dutch / German / Belgian as normal - and a few Swiss.

;-)

p.s. we've even got French people here.

Ah, glad to know they haven't closed the borders whilst we've been away ??

Hi folks, there are about 30 british registered vans currently hear at Agde,..we start long trek north monday morning along withe a couple of others..it is getting to that time when site gets invaded witha lot of summer holiday makers so better to leave and avoid the chaos of july august tribes.

tonyg3nwl.

Perhaps most are realizing what a wonderful country Great Britain is for exploring, with no high priced ferry charges and motorway tolls to fork out for, or being herded together on the so called aires, just a thought >:-) or perhaps many are UKIP supporters. :D

chas - 2015-06-21 8:44 AM

Perhaps most are realizing what a wonderful country Great Britain is for exploring, with no high priced ferry charges and motorway tolls to fork out for, or being herded together on the so called aires, just a thought >:-) or perhaps many are UKIP supporters. :D

Can we have a like button.

Hi

Why do you want to meet up with lots of Brits when you are in a foreign country. If you want to spend your holiday with Brits then why not stay at home. I like to go abroad to meet the people who live there and enjoy their way of life.

Knaus - 2015-06-21 1:51 PM

Hi

Why do you want to meet up with lots of Brits when you are in a foreign country. If you want to spend your holiday with Brits then why not stay at home. I like to go abroad to meet the people who live there and enjoy their way of life.

I didn't say I did want to meet up with lots of Brits, I was just wondering why we were the only ones on the sites we had been on except for a handful over a three week period. Over the last week we have made friends with Swedish, German, Spanish and Dutch campers.

Hi

Sorry I didn't mean you wanted to meet Brits. But I know there are a lot of people who only go to sites owned by the British and it just seems sad that they miss out experiencing the ways of life of other countries. I guess they just feel safer.

Knaus - 2015-06-21 2:41 PM

Hi

Sorry I didn't mean you wanted to meet Brits. But I know there are a lot of people who only go to sites owned by the British and it just seems sad that they miss out experiencing the ways of life of other countries. I guess they just feel safer.

No worries, thanks ;o)

Archived