Where are all the Brits ?

bristol170kj

Guest Joe90
chas - 2015-06-21 8:44 AM

Perhaps most are realizing what a wonderful country Great Britain is for exploring, with no high priced ferry charges and motorway tolls to fork out for, or being herded together on the so called aires, just a thought >:-) or perhaps many are UKIP supporters. :D

Yes, I'm certainly missing pay and display car parks, assuming you can find one that doesn't ban motorhomes parking, or having to pay for two bays. Also missing grid locked roads, £25 a night sites, or a field in the middle of nowhere for a tenner if your lucky. Comments like yours only show one of two things, either you've never been out of the UK and know no better, or like many Brits that do come over simply have no idea where to go once they do, other than places they've heard about from watching mind numbing "wish you were here" programs. Stayed on a small lakeside municipal site last night, very quiet still, all the facilities you'd find on a UK club site, but at the rip off price of €11.20c, I make that around £7, so of course we're all mugs for paying £70 return for a ferry crossing, about the same as three nights on a CC site...........now let me work it out 49 days x £25, versus a £70 ferry ticket.

And I must say, anyone's idea that "exploring" anywhere via motorways in the UK is a very odd concept.

tonyg3nwl - 2015-06-20 12:29 PM

Hi folks, there are about 30 british registered vans currently hear at Agde,..we start long trek north monday morning along withe a couple of others..it is getting to that time when site gets invaded witha lot of summer holiday makers so better to leave and avoid the chaos of july august tribes.

tonyg3nwl.

We are in Agde at Le Neptune site by the river outside the old town. Can't say we have seen manh Brits and we have been here a week. We head for home on Tuesday for a tunnel crossing on thr 2nd July. After few stops on the way.

Not looking forward to leaving the great weather behind.

When camping abroad over the years we've found that campsites can be very country specific. One will always be favoured by Brits whilst others by Germans, etc. So you can feel on your own but a few miles away it could feel like you were in Blighty! As far as aires go there never seem to be many Brits around as they are simply not used to using them, with a few obvious exceptions, having been brought up using campsites.

Archived