cracked hand basin

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Just back from a very nice break in Dorset. when I arrived at site on Tuesday a jar of cream fell out of mirrored bathroom cabinet and has cracked the hand basin. Will try a repair with plastic weld that I have never used but was recommended, failing that its a replacement I guess. Anyone any experience with this way or repairing....haven't a clue how to replace as its so solid looking, with no obvious screws etc....

......in my Campscout (which should be similar in layout to your 'van in the area in question), there appears to be a square, inlaid access panel hidden behind the dinette seat (the rear fabric cover lifts up and off if the headrests are clicked out).

I only found it because I wanted the cover off to vacuum the sawdust off the back resulting from the dealer fitting the TV bracket.

It must (IMO) be designed to allow access to the rear of the washbasin area, and all the plumbing therein. I haven't removed it to check, since that involves removing the screw covers, but it just might help you if you have the same.

Unfortunate

If manufacturers replacement part is extortionate or as in original Hymer Exsis not available contact

Derek Justice derek_justice@talk21.com

He has made several in fibre glass for our members

Of course other sources may be available

Archived