Fuel in Luxembourg.....

trickydicky

Hi,we are about to leave Mehring on the Mosel (Germany)and head back to Dunkirk via Ypres in Belgium.would like to take advantage of the cheap fuel in Luxembourg but my sat nav is taking me via Belgium only.does anyone know how i can get some fuel in lux without adding extra mileage ( obviously no point in that ).

trickydicky - 2015-06-21 8:27 PM

Hi,we are about to leave Mehring on the Mosel (Germany)and head back to Dunkirk via Ypres in Belgium.would like to take advantage of the cheap fuel in Luxembourg but my sat nav is taking me via Belgium only.does anyone know how i can get some fuel in lux without adding extra mileage ( obviously no point in that ).

Your nearest would be in Wasserbillig on road number 10 going west out of the town. All the main brands along there. You can also get fuel in Luxembourg city itself.

If you are heading out towards Bastogne in Belgium you can get fuel in Pommerlach on road number 15. There is a good shopping centre there as well.

You could end up spending €20 in fuel to save €10, it's less than 90p a litre in France and Belgium. We left Ypres on Wednesday and filled up at Auchan in Calais. By the way, the Ypres site was fully booked and several folk had just turned up "but it's June, sites are never full". Ypres is.

When we bought fuel in Luxembourg last year it was at a local garage in a town (sorry can't remember the name). But we then got on the motorway and the service area near the border was absolutely rammed with vehicles waiting for fuel - there must have been 100 or more - never seen anything quite like it.

So my advice is buy it anywhere but motorways service areas if you can. I reckon we'd have waited an hour or more to fill up there.

Mike

We usually use the motorway filling stations and a couple of weeks ago at lunchtime there were no queues at the pumps.

Unless you're there at a very busy time, eg Fri pm usually there's enough pumps tp round especially if you use the card pumps and there's no queue to get out

alan

If you are taking the road which goes by Esch sur Sure to Bastogne you will find 2 fuel stations and a shopping centre just before you reach the border. Never seen a queue there and an ideal place to stock up with cheap booze before heading home.

Bob

Archived