Charging bike battery

Pete-B

If I have to go out and it's necessary to leave my 10ah lithium bike battery on charge, what would be considered a safe time to leave it, after it's charged, before the charger damages the battery, if in fact it does?

Sould be fine as most chargers are the intelligent type, don't think anything with a LI battery would have anything else.

Same risk as leaving you van on a EHU and going out & I bet you do that, only danger is if you have a battery or charger go faulty, a big lead acid battery going bang will make a lot more mess than a small Li battery. (lol)

The question as alluded to above, have you got a good quality battery and charger, if so then it should be fine, if not then it needs to be treated as a bomb. Cheap and nasty lithium set ups are incredibly dangerous.

I would never leave a Lithium ion battery on charge without supervision. At least being around somewhere so that should a fire start I could do something about it.

The fact is that Li-ion batteries when being charged have a history of overheating and setting on fire.

Leaving the battery on charge for a few hours won't hurt it, leaving it and going off somewhere might be risky.

H

Archived