New Fiat

Mrs Sea

Has anyone yet got any experience of the new Fiat Ducato as a motorhome base vehicle? What has changed in the cab? Is it any more comfortable to drive? Do you still bash your knees on the steering column? Is the gear change any better? Does the cab heating/windscreen demist work any better/quicker? What MPG/MPL do you get? Do the cab doors fit any better or does it still 'sing' when travelling? Pluses and minuses/good and bad? Any info would be great as we are looking to buy a new van soon and have to choose between the new Fiat or the Renault as a base vehicle.

[QUOTE]Clive - 2006-10-24 10:31 PM Is it not reviewed in the October MMM ? New cab, New Engine, New 6 speed gearbox etc......? [/QUOTE]Hi Clive. I think Mrs Sea wants the opinion of someone who has bought and tried the new model. They have been around for a while but I have yet to see one on the road. Nothing wrong with the reviews, but I find the best info usually comes from commercial drivers where in most cases they don,t own the van and they will tell you what they think warts and all. Howard.

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas. I have read some of the mag reviews but never totally trust them, I prefer to hear 1st hand from someone who owns one. The Fiat forum sounds like a good idea. As a new user of this forum I haven't seen any information re problems servicing the Renault. I'll have a hunt now I'm forwarned but I initially had problems with the Fiat for the same reasons. I'll certainly contact my nearest Renault dealer to see what they have to say. Thanks again to all.

Archived