Blue pictures on tv

Melenter

Right! now that I have you r attention can anyone tell me why i am only receiving blue tinted pictures on my TV . Perfect pictures on terrestrial but on sat with perfect reception unable to see anything clearly due to the lovely shade of blue. Tried all the usual retune, picture adjustment etc. Help change from this :-( to this :-D

As it is only on external sources i would suspect the scart cable or phono plugs whichever you use one of the three colour channels has a break in the cable or a high resistance. its quite common with scart cables due to its poor design. unplug the connectors clean up the contacts and plug in again and you should be sorted.

Dr Dave beat me to it, definately sounds like a connectivity problem especially as terrestrial signals are fine. if you can, use an HDMI cable or if not, change your scart for a compound cable (usually red, white and yellow). Scart is the lowest quality lead available.

Title good be all excited "Blue Pictures" :D

Agree sounds like poor quality lead, cheap scart leads do not have individual screened cables on the RGB wires, if you look at the picture you will probably also see reflections caused by the capacity of the cable down to poor screening.

Archived