Liquid soap bottle holder?

michaelmorris

We've just completed our first short holiday in our motorhome. On one day we parked up in the van and went for a walk. We came back to make lunch and I went to the loo first. When I went to wash my hands I realised I had packed away the soap for travelling. How handy, I thought, it would be to have soap and hand sanitizer bottles mounted on the wall so that we never have this problem again. You must be able to pick these up dirt cheap I thought.

Well after about 3 hours of looking on the internet the cheapest ones I can find are here

http://www.outofeden.co.uk/Products/7052_7053/wall-brackets-for-300ml-bottle . At around £20 that's bit more than I wanted to pay.

We don't want a purpose-made dispenser, we don't like them and definitely not one with a glass bottle.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks but as I said, we don't like these type of dispensers.

Guest Joe90
We can always find our bar of soap, it's in the bottom of the bowl, sorry, but how difficult do these things need to be ?

Can't see why you don't want a glass container. I can see these bottles jumping out of their containers. If you think that there is a risk of this happening put an elastic band around the bracket and over the top of the bottle. A plastic bottle with be pretty naff quite quickly.

Thanks for the links. Unfortuantely this isn't what we are after. I don't trust that a glass container wouldn't jump out of the holder if I hit a pothole. I also don't want to hang heavy glass containers off the wall board.

We want a simple, unobtrusive (and preferably cheap!) bottle holder. The holders for plastic bottles seem to be better designed to hold the bottle in place..

Be wary of some hand washes as they can cause corrosion on stainless steel sinks if the gel is left, or leaks, onto the surface

Usually says in small print on the bottle, but some do not.

So if you have a spotty sink, you know why 8-)

Rgds

Archived