The Carefree Winter Sun £75 RIP-OFF

lakinbrian

The Camping and Caravanning Club charge YOU £75 if you don't book your ferry tickets with them when booking sites through Carefree Winter Sun

When I ask the reason for this they said it was so they could give a discount for those booking on Brittany Ferries and as a penalty for exercising my right to using my TESCO POINTS to help with the cost when using EURO TUNNEL

It seems that has in the book Animal Farm

'ALL PEOPLE ARE EQUAL BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS'

Guest pelmetman
lakinbrian - 2015-06-24 9:09 AM

That just about sums up the CC :D ................

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-06-24 6:58 PM

pelmetman - 2015-06-24 10:31 AM

That just about sums up the CC :D ................

Yer a C short.... ;-) :-D

Dave

I've never been a member of the CCC ...............But have 20 years experience of the CC ;-) ........hence my lack of C :D .......

This seems a bizarre way for the C&CC to treat customers / menbers, effectivively punishing members who want to make their own arrangements. Weve used Brittany ferries in the past mainly because we only had 2 weeks so wanted to get there quickly, but its expensive so its obviously not for everyone. Ive found the CC quite good for eurotunnel prices, always cheaper than eurotunnel themselves, but am thinking of getting a Tesco credit card as using tesco voucher seems to be by far the cheapest way to cross.

Its ' All animals are created equal ....' not people so the C&C have probably got a get out clause fortreating some members worse than others !

Possibly true but I suspect the whole picture has not been shown, It is possible that the C&CC are getting a discount from the ferry companies and are passing that on in their charges, so if they do not get that discount, then they may need to add it to the bill for non ferry users. What they are offering is a 'package' deal and if you wish to 'pick and mix' then there may be extra costs. This is pretty normal in many 'deals' from many sources.

What I would suggest to the OP is that if he/she wants to take the Winter Sun deal, then take the whole deal and keep the Tesco points for another day.

• 2 weeks later...
Dave225 - 2015-06-25 4:26 PM

Possibly true but I suspect the whole picture has not been shown, It is possible that the C&CC are getting a discount from the ferry companies and are passing that on in their charges, so if they do not get that discount, then they may need to add it to the bill for non ferry users. What they are offering is a 'package' deal and if you wish to 'pick and mix' then there may be extra costs. This is pretty normal in many 'deals' from many sources.

What I would suggest to the OP is that if he/she wants to take the Winter Sun deal, then take the whole deal and keep the Tesco points for another day.

There may be other reasons for not wishing to use the ferry. I do not use any ferries apart from Calmac to the Outer Hebrides because we have a dog and use the Chunnel for the same reason.

The Camping and Caravanning Club charge YOU £75 if you don't book your ferry tickets with them when booking sites through Carefree Winter Sun

When I ask the reason for this they said it was so they could give a discount for those booking on Brittany Ferries and as a penalty for exercising my right to using my TESCO POINTS to help with the cost when using EURO TUNNEL .........................

So why not book the same sites independently? Then you can book whatever channel crossing you like without penalty. Most sites seem to give discounts for longer stays.

• 1 month later...
I agree we were members of the club,but because we live in devon and frequently travel to Spain we joined club voyage and make significant savings on Plymouth santander route we tried to book with the club for a rally and was told it would cost us £75 extra because we didn't book with them for the ferry,it is a complete rip off and because of this we didn't renew our ccc subs

Archived