Broadway caravan club site

Chudders

Have booked to go to Broadway caravan club site shortly. Has anyone been there and best places to pick a pitch if possible. Would like to use sat dish on roof so would ideally like unobstructed view of satellite.

Any other comments about the site or the area or the town and what to see and do etc.

Going from South west and from M5. junction number 'something or other' near Tewkesbury no idea what the roads are like, never been in the area.

Thanks, Dave

There is a large open area away from trees.

If you are interested in recent Cotswold furniture history the Gordon Russell furniture museum is worth a visit. Russell set up his furniture business behind the Lygon Arm pub, which the family owned.

Bourton on the Water is worth a visit but lots of tourists. There are a number of National Trust properties in the area.

Snow hill Manor and Hidcote manor come to mind.

When you leave the motorway at Tewkesbury take the road to Evesham and then take the southern bypass. Roads are good With opportunity to stock up your food supply etc. on the way. Before reaching Evesham you will pass a caravan/motorhome accessory shop too.

Lots of interesing shops in Broadway with pubs and cafes. You will not be far from Auto-Sleeper factory either. There is also Broadway Tower up the hill. Lovely area. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Patricia, Thanks for all that advice. Yes I have an Auto sleeper and have arranged to go to the factory to have an additional water filler installed. I am told that the factory is only a few minutes from the site

Regards, Dave

Broadway is a members only site so I presume that you are a member. That being so, can I assume you have already read the site reports and searched through the Discussions on Club Together to see what other members say? You could probably get answers to your question from the Club Together discussion groups.

Your members handbook give details on getting to the site. Best follow that in my experience! Main roads and B roads are fine, parking may be an issue so check where you want to go.

The site will also have an Information Hut.

On a CC site, you can choose your pitch from the available vacant ones subject to size. The site can get busy so you might not have much choice if you arrive in the early evening.

Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs and you have already done the research through the Caravan Club site.

The Great Days Out provide a simple list of some of the things places you can visit and get a CC discount. I liked the Falconry Centre.

I think you can get a bus to Stratford which would be a good day out.

Stowe is good for expensive antiques.

Brock - 2015-06-25 1:21 PM

Broadway is a members only site so I presume that you are a member. That being so, can I assume you have already read the site reports and searched through the Discussions on Club Together to see what other members say? You could probably get answers to your question from the Club Together discussion groups.

Your members handbook give details on getting to the site. Best follow that in my experience! Main roads and B roads are fine, parking may be an issue so check where you want to go.

The site will also have an Information Hut.

On a CC site, you can choose your pitch from the available vacant ones subject to size. The site can get busy so you might not have much choice if you arrive in the early evening.

Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs and you have already done the research through the Caravan Club site.

The Great Days Out provide a simple list of some of the things places you can visit and get a CC discount. I liked the Falconry Centre.

I think you can get a bus to Stratford which would be a good day out.

Stowe is good for expensive antiques.

Thankds for the above comments, yes we are CC members and have already booked on line and hope to arrive about lunchtime traffic etc permitting

Dave

It's a lovely site and a picture perfect village but if you plan to,eat out take a new mortgage on the house before you go! We are what one might call well heeled but my wife took one look,at what one restraunt was charging for,what amounted to Sheperds Pie and declaired "I'm not,paying that" so back to the site we went for a BBQ!

If you are interested in antiques and art galleries you'll think you died and gone to heaven there are so many of them.

Sorry about all the commas its me IPads fault not mine.

Thanks, I am suitably warned about prices and will leave the credit cards at the van.

I am interested in antiques, have done a bit of buying and selling in the past, usually lost money or bought tat.

Bought a Victorian DVD player once but couldn't sell it for a profit

From the site walking into town is about 15 minutes.  It has a number of quirky Cotswolds type independent places which are really very nice.  For your good lady there is a fabulous chocolatier and quite close to it, on the righthand side of the high street but set back in a little side street is a very well stocked wine shop.  In fact it was so nice my wallet was lighter by the tune of £120.00 after a short visit.

It is a lovely site with tiered pitches though I suspect at this time of year there won't be much of a view due to the foliage.........nevertheless it is a nice place to visit.

Archived