Morocco in March?

betsy

Hi, my wife and I are joining an organized campervan trip to Morocco in March, 2007. The trip is for three weeks. The organizer allows a 10% price reduction for three campervans or more. We already have another couple ready to join up and wondered if there are any others out there who might like to consider joining us so that we can obtain the discount?

Hi Betsy, We are already booked on to a trip to Morocco in April with Desert Detours, who are very helpful with any questions we have, but if there are any thoughts or information you have about Morocco and the preperation for going there and exchanging information is always usefull so please get in touch, and any experienced Morocco travellers out there with tips would be more than wellcome. Happy Days Carol. *-)

Hi Carol, Thanks for the mail. Have looked at Desert Detours and missed their March trip which seemed to fill up quickly. Sadly, April is a tad late for us. Carol (my wife) and I are going with Blue Camel Tours (www.bluecameltours.com) which is the Swiss couple that organized the UK Hymer Club (HCI) trip last year. Destinea (www.destinea.com) the French organization are also doing one but that is also not until April. Do you have breakdown cover/insurance for the trip? My insurance company, whilst very good, cannot help with Morocco (they were very good with our recent trip to Dubrovnik, Croatia so will regretably have to switch insurers but as policy does not expire until about April will not start searching yet. Have breakdown cover already sorted. We usually spend a few weeks after Christmas every year in Spain/Portugal and have spoken to many folk (all nationalities) in campervans who have just come back from Morocco. Mostly they have enjoyed their trips but a few will obviously miss the Government's recent ban on campervans parked along the beach. Good to chat, thanks for getting in touch. Dick

[QUOTE]betsy - 2006-10-30 8:17 PM Hi Carol, Do you have breakdown cover/insurance for the trip? My insurance company, whilst very good, cannot help with Morocco (they were very good with our recent trip to Dubrovnik, Croatia so will regretably have to switch insurers but as policy does not expire until about April will not start searching yet. Have breakdown cover already sorted. Dick [/QUOTE] Dick, When you start looking around for insurance check out http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/ they are one of the few insurers who will cover you for Morocco breakdown cover is included at an extra cost. We have been to Morocco in years gone by and found it very enjoyable. Turkey is another country we like. Don

Hi Dick Yes, Don is correct.....Comfort do offer Moroccan breakdown cover. But the thing to remember is that it is contracted out [of course] to local/national Moroccan services. Which are frankly horendious. You only want a recovery by them as a last resort!! What you need to do is make sure your vehicle is in TOP condition and take basic service spares. Also check that your tour organisor has and can offer at least basic assistance. Be a little aware of some of the "new" organisations which are frankly holidays on the cheap for the "organisors" [Motorhome leading motorhomes etc]. Blue Camel have been around some time so should be OK. No idea about the French one but you see loads of French groups out there so they should know their stuff. Desert Detours have a service truck on every tour, two workshop facilites in Morocco and nearly 25 years experience in the country. But, one this is certain. You will have a great time. Take no notice of the few horror stories you may hear. Morocco is a fantastic country. And great for Motorhomes........even if camping along the Atlantic coast has been banned.....but only for the "free-loaders"......Still plenty of good coast sites. Have a great trip.

Thanks everybody for the tips. Will certainly call comfort. I mujst say that I have found this site fascinating. Still hoping that there is someone out there who is thinking about joining us to tour Morocco in March, 2007. Best wishes, Dick

Archived