Greece Defaults Again?

Guest Peter James

Guest pelmetman

So that'll be a rescue deal to rescue them from the rescue deal 8-) ........

I hope the Greeks vote OXI .........short term pain for long term gain.......plus they get to stiff the EU for billions B-) ...........

pelmetman - 2015-06-30 4:08 PM

.short term pain for long term gain.......plus they get to stiff the EU for billions B-) ...........

From what I have read, they're into us for around £10 billion either through the IMF or Finance etc.

So our overseas aid rises from £12 billion to £22 billion a year overnite if they default. Hope someone is keeping their eyes on Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland.

Where's CliveH when you need him !!!!

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-06-30 4:51 PM

.short term pain for long term gain.......plus they get to stiff the EU for billions B-) ...........

From what I have read, they're into us for around £10 billion either through the IMF or Finance etc.

So our overseas aid rises from £12 billion to £22 billion a year overnite if they default. Hope someone is keeping their eyes on Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland.

Dave

As I understand it the 10 billion is owed to our banks, not the taxpayer ;-) ..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33325886

Cant say I'll cry any tears over our bankers getting shafted >:-) ..............Doubt it'll effect their bonuses though *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2015-06-30 5:27 PM

nowtelse2do - 2015-06-30 4:51 PM

Dave

As I understand it the 10 billion is owed to our banks, not the taxpayer ;-) ..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33325886

Cant say I'll cry any tears over our bankers getting shafted >:-) ..............Doubt it'll effect their bonuses though *-) ...........

Think about it. Banks do not have any money, they have OUR money, so any loss will be borne by us one way or another. Not one of the sharks will lose a day's pay but what ever you pay to them will be increased somewhere. We also pay the EU who... pay Greece so along the line we pay whatever happens. You may not see it personally but somewhere it will hit all of us.

By the way all the banks swopped their loans to Greece for ECB backed ones so guess who is on the line now???

Archived