Wheel clamps or security posts

PatLynn

Wheel clamps or security posts  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest pelmetman

Seeing how easy it is to steal modern vehicles with their hi tech security 8-) ...........

I'd go for both ;-) ...............

Dont waste your money, a friend of mine had both wheel clamps and a post in the drive and he lived at the end of a cul-d.sac, plus the van was parked just under the bedroom window and when he woke up in the morning the van was gone, wheel clamps and post gone with it.

Best to wire up a alarm which connects the van to the property, when the connection is detached from the van the alarm goes of in the property.

Some will say "what happens if you are not in the property when the alarm goes off". Well other means are available to solve that problem.

So its up to you.

Having got our van just as we want it (well almost) it's value to us is more than just what the insurance will pay out, esp. as certain features(abet minor) are only on one year of this model, to this end when parked up at the 'new house' it has five levels of security, if you are in a similar situation I would suggest having both, won't stop a determined thief, but it might put off a more opportunist one.

A neighbour had his BMW motorbike stolen from in front of his house. When he got the replacement he put in a post to which he locked the bike. When they stole the replacement they used a battery powered angle grinder to cut through the post. Our van was stolen with no broken glass ....so they beat the locks and the immobiliser. If someone who knows their job wants to steal your van they will. Rely on the insurance.

Archived