2015 Fiat Ducato U Connect radio Bluetooth capability

rhines

Afternoon all! Can anyone tell me whether the 2015 Ducato Bluetooth enabled radio has A2DP function? Have trawled through the manuals and online without success. I'm trying to improve tinny Avtex TV sound by using Bluetooth transmitter to cad radio and hence habitation speakers but cannot seem to connect. Radio detects devise but no transmission.

Am I doing something wrong or am expecting too much. If it doesn't have that function it seems an odd omission in a brand new updated model when so many car radios have A2DP for stereo audio signal.

Cheers. Richard

Hello Richard,

I have just been looking into this and can confirm that at least for the 3" (non touch-screen) DAB radio with U-Connect; there is no facility for bluetooth audio.

This is hardly surprising since the vehicle is primarily designed as a van and with the provision of 3.5mm stereo and USB inputs for audio the makers have wisely decided that this is more than enough for a van driver to be messing about with while on the move! While bluetooth audio is a worthy idea in concept, it does cause the battery of the playing device to run flat quite quickly; so it makes much more sense to plug the device in to the USB and charge it at the same time.... doesn't it?

The information i found was in the owner's handbook. This would have been a good place for you to start too.

Thanks euroserv. The handbook was indeed my starting point but I could find no mention of BT audio. Not being as tech savvy as you obviously are I thought I would just ask the question!!! Should have made it clear that I'm trying to improve the sound quality of the Avtex TV by playing audio through the cab radio and hence habitation area speakers. Guess I will try a BT receiver plugged into Aux........hopefully that will work. I'm not keen on hardwiring TV to radio through lovely new interiors! Cheers. Richard

If you try to do it through the aux input with a bluetooth receiver you will be on here asking how to stop the unit automatically switching off after 20 minutes or so or maybe even flattening your main battery so I would recommend you supplement your TV with a cheap battery powered MP3 speaker. Some of them sound remarkably good for their size and will out perform any flat screen tv speaker.

Archived