Locking aygo whilst on the move.

Not sure about the Aygo, but on my Yaris I just leave the key in the ignition,on the first notch,to disable the steering column lock. Then use my spare key to physically lock the doors. (remote doesnt work with key in the ignition). It isnt a 'keyless entry' one is it ? ( I wouldn't want one of those anyway !)

Towed mine all over the UK with no problems. On an A-Frame. Ray

My Yaris doesn't have an alarm ? At least I've never heard it ? Just an immobiliser.With the key in the ignition I doubt that the alarm would set ? Why not try it ? The doors certainly lock physically with the spare key though. Ray.

A suggestion that might work;

A Timpson (or local key cutter) cuts an lock ignition key (about £7) for the steering. It will not have a transponder for the immobiliser, so will not start the engine.

Then lock the doors with Toyota Key.

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2015-07-02 3:35 PM

A suggestion that might work;

A Timpson (or local key cutter) cuts an lock ignition key (about £7) for the steering. It will not have a transponder for the immobiliser, so will not start the engine.

Then lock the doors with Toyota Key.

Rgds

I thought the same Tony.

I'd feel far more comfortable leaving a cheap, basic key in the ignition, than I would the "main" (transponder equipped?) key... :-S

We tow a C1 variant (Aygo) on an A frame and put the spare (non fob) key in the ignition to disable the steering lock and the alarm. We then lock the drivers door with the (fob) key manually and this operates the central locking system but doesn't activate the alarm.

Car then tows perfectly and importantly is locked up at same time

Mike

Archived