Setting off ... Staying at home

antony1969

Yes it's a lot gobblydegook init

All packed ready to go with little un to Bridlington and come to turn motorhome over to set off and zilch

Cheesed off ever so slightly , problem we had few weeks ago while off has come back to kick me in the wallet again

Guest pelmetman

That's why I advocate a regular turning over routine ;-) ...........

I know folk poo poo it because of wear and tear, but given the average moho miles I reckon its far better than leaving it untouched for months on end B-)......

Because of an ongoing problem I have been turning it over , went away three week ago so is been stood since then but with regular start ups

Turned it over today , it cracked up and laughed at me and said I wasn't spending enough cash on it , now we've fallen out and I'm not taking it out again ever ... It can just rust away on the drive till I recieve an apology

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 7:32 PM

I know folk poo poo it because of wear and tear, but given the average moho miles I reckon its far better than leaving it untouched for months on end B-)......

Agreed and I always ensure it will start two days and the day before we depart as batteries cannot be relied upon these days to hold their charge.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-07-03 7:39 PM

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 7:32 PM

Agreed and I always ensure it will start two days and the day before we depart as batteries cannot be relied upon these days to hold their charge.

You mean stuff nowdays isn't as good as we are lead to believe? 8-) ............... (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Progress eh? :D ...........

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 7:54 PM

You mean stuff nowadays isn't as good as we are lead to believe? 8-) ............... (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Sorry to shatter your dreams of a new van Dave but being a fellow cynic, sorry I mean realist, surely you must at some time have doubted an advertisement's or manufacturer's claim - not that you would ever find them to have been economical with the truth now - would you?

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-07-03 8:01 PM

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 7:54 PM

You mean stuff nowadays isn't as good as we are lead to believe? 8-) ............... (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Sorry to shatter your dreams of a new van Dave but being a fellow cynic, sorry I mean realist, surely you must at some time have doubted an advertisement's or manufacturer's claim - not that you would ever find them to have been economical with the truth now - would you?

That's the advantage of having the same van for 23.5 years, and another for 16 years ;-) .......

Having recently replaced our 25 year old fridge at not inconsiderable expense 8-) ........It already has a couple of basic design faults like a weak door catch, and also the said catch when on vent ie open to allow air to circulate does nothing of the sort *-) ......I have to stuff a sponge in to create a air gap :-| ..........

Will it last 25 years???...........I doubt it :-( ......

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 8:24 PM

More to the point - will you last 25 years!

Full time retirement as long as you don't run out of cash, health, enthusiasm or Trannys should help!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-07-03 8:30 PM

pelmetman - 2015-07-03 8:24 PM

More to the point - will you last 25 years!

Full time retirement as long as you don't run out of cash, health, enthusiasm or Trannys should help!

Given statistics and my love of self abuse...........Unlikely :D ..........

But I do believe those folk with off spring need to wake up and smell the rotting influence of consumerism :-| ...........

Long live the Greeks..........Just as they taught us democracy now they're teaching us the value of money B-) B-) B-) ........

Guest Joe90

You distort the reality of modern things in general, TVs that lived with their backs off, knowing with certainty it would need an ECL80 valve, followed by a transformer, then go bang in any event. Cars that used to be filled with copious amounts of P38, before the wings fell off, and weekends spent adjusting the tappets, and replacing spark plugs every five minutes.

As for 25 year old vans being desirable and a nice thing to tour in is complete nonsense, quite why you bang the same old claptrap out time and time again is hard to work out, you know its nonsense, as does everyone else .So quit the bulls**t, no one wants to return to wash tubs and mangles, B&W TVs, or cars with starting handles,, nor old knackered Ford Transits.

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-07-03 10:01 PM

You distort the reality of modern things in general, TVs that lived with their backs off, knowing with certainty it would need an ECL80 valve, followed by a transformer, then go bang in any event. Cars that used to be filled with copious amounts of P38, before the wings fell off, and weekends spent adjusting the tappets, and replacing spark plugs every five minutes.

As for 25 year old vans being desirable and a nice thing to tour in is complete nonsense, quite why you bang the same old claptrap out time and time again is hard to work out, you know its nonsense, as does everyone else .So quit the bulls**t, no one wants to return to wash tubs and mangles, B&W TVs, or cars with starting handles,, nor old knackered Ford Transits.

Talking of TV's ;-) we still have the same one we bought 15+ years ago........along with the bespoke cabinet that I had made for it at the time for £1700 ;-) .......

We also have the video that came with it, unfortunately when we moved 11 years ago the leads got unplugged and I've not yet worked out where they go 8-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-07-03 10:01 PM

old knackered Ford Transits.

My knackered old Tranny appears to have caused me less problems in 25 years, than your Rapido seems to have caused you in a couple of years :D ......

Maybe you should have kept your old Commer, at least it wouldn't be losing money ;-) .........

Archived