Steering wheel lock advice, 2003 Fiat Ducato cab

Winniethevan

Hi, newbie and first post so apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything.

I've been advised to get a steering wheel lock for our 2003 Fiat Ducato based motorhome. I bought the Thatchem Krooklock from Halford but altho it just about fits, it sets the horn off all the time.

I'm hoping someone on this forum may have experience of a different model that works on a Fiat Ducato van of this age (with the raised dial display)

With thanks in advance

Presumably you mean a Wheelock ? That coves the whole steering wheel, I would get some sticky foam pads to take the pressure off of the horn button, or even disconnect it and put a horn button elsewhere. Wheelocks are pretty good otherwise they wouldn't get thatcham approval. Ray

Just realised one to get is called a 'Disklok'.others can be easily removed by cutting through the steering wheel.

I have a bar type steering lock called the 4tress. Thatcham approved, doesn'ttouch the horn pad. No longer available from Halfords but you may get one off Ebay (thats where I got mine). Good viual deterrent and heavy strong bar. Google it.

Archived