New to Pet travel

Corky 8

Hi All,

I know this has been on the forum before and Ive searched the past posts but cant find what I,m looking for, even on the Ferry Co web sites,

We taking our new dog to France with us in September, his new Passport will be in force as will his Anti rabies injections, my question is do I need a Vet to give the dog (Dylan) a worming tablet and add the details to his passport for entering France I know its required coming back into the UK, and what is the ferry procedure with a dog on both sides of the Channel.  to be pre armed and all that. Thanks in advance for any sensible and helpful replies,  Dennis

hi.only for the return trip back to the uk do you need the vets stamp.be careful to get it done 24 hours before your return crossing and the stamp is good for 5 days.so if you are returning at 12 on friday, the passport must be stamped before 12 on thursday, and no later then 12 on monday.

I've only used the tunnel with the dogs, as it's so easy. As above you only need a vet's stamp for the worm pill to come back, no checks going out.

Your dog will be checked on return, they will log the microchip and check the vet's stamp. On the tunnel the dogs stay with you in the motorhome and don't even notice the journey.

Watch the fee for the stamp though. Can vary from €8 to €60. Ask first. You can google " European vets" for a map.

kevandali - 2015-07-04 10:30 PM

We are also taking our pooch, anyone know of a decent vet that doesn't cost a small fortune, got ripped off the last time we came back.

Ask other travellers' and also check the price at the vets and walk away if too expensive. My basic advice is to use a vet as far away from the channel ports as possible. Always found german vets competetive as are Spanish and portuguese vets.

You can drive a long way in 5 days.

Archived