Thetford , N112 fridge

AussieGaz

Hi all , question re fridge not as cool as i think it should be .

Freezer will freeze food but the fridge is struggling to keep contents cool.I think the freezer is the cooling device for the whole fridge and it is a little hot in france at the moment but im sure it should be doing better than it is . Door seal in good codition. Getting same results in 12v ,gas and elec .

Whats your expert opinions. Thanks in advance .

You say the freezer will freeze food, but they are only designed to keep frozen food frozen. If you're putting in unfrozen food that may be part of your problem. The fins at the back of the fridge are what should be cooling that. Are they iced up? If so, that may also be part of the problem. They will always gather some ice, but the more they do so the less efficient they become. However, the most common reason for fridges struggling in heat is poor installation. You might try removing both grilles when static to improve airflow at the back of the fridge, and having a look at how well it is installed while they are out. If it begins to recover with the grilles out I'd suspect the installation is poor. It may be easily remedied, or you may need to fit a cooling fan (I think Thetford do a kit) to augment the airflow. Hope this helps.

This link

http://www.thetfordfridges.co.uk/n112.htm

includes a photo (Photo 3) of the rear of a Thetford N112 fridge that suggests that the appliance’s freezer compartment is cooled separately from the fridge section.

As Brian says, cooling of the fridge section is performed via the large aluminium finned unit immediately below the freezer compartment (see Photo 2). For effective cooling it’s vital that air can circulate over the fins and, if food is packed against the finned unit or the fridge is over-filled, cooling performance will suffer.

Archived