Damp test/reselling

Hi all

Had habitation check yesterday, all damp readings fine except a very small area where the curve in the Luton flattens out, chap who did it was worried at all he just said scrape out the old sealant enough to make good and re do it's real easy. Just wandering do you agree is it an easy job or should I get someone to do it for me?

Guest JudgeMental
my heating engineer mate real good with a silicon gun whereas I would make a real mess....i would practice on something else first.....

It's not difficult to do but getting at it can be a struggle and if you are unsure far better to let an experienced person do it as it is a very important area and it pays to be sure to get it right if the value of youe pride and joy is not to be drastically reduced by far more than the cost of having the work done proffessionally. The only quandry id finding someone known to be competent.

Whatever you do do NOT use silicone! Sikkaflex supply a range of purpose made sealants designed for caravans and motorhomes and these never set solid so do not crack open and let water in as they remain flexible for years.

Without knowing what make of van or where you live people will find it hard to advise on a known competent person but if you are anywhere near Telford you could try asking Dave Newell as he has a lot of experience with Motorhomes.

I understand that the Swift factory do/did/might/used to offer a repair service and that might be worth investigating, assuming it is out of warranty that is?

Dave Newell used to contribute to this forum but he had a hissy fit last year and left in a huff but he does/did have a good reputation I understand!!

Archived