breakdown insurance

capnjaj

Hello,

I have just bought my first motorhome and was wondering about breakdown insurance for overseas. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I will be going to Britanny and down the west coast then across to Provence. Any tips for that trip would also be very welcome. *-)

capnjaj - 2015-07-14 7:43 PM

Hello,

I have just bought my first motorhome and was wondering about breakdown insurance for overseas. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I will be going to Britanny and down the west coast then across to Provence. Any tips for that trip would also be very welcome. *-)

Having very recent experience of a breakdown in France my advice would be choose any other country to break down in but France! French tend to move at their own pace which means as and when they choose. The breakdown guy who came out to me took 2 hrs to turn up.....then promptly announced he was going for a meal first and just wandered off to a Restaurant!

• 2 weeks later...

If you qualify to join Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA), they secure a healthy discount with Britannia. I've used them once in the UK and they were superb.

My premium is £70 for deluxe cover (including 14 EU countries) so worth a go.

We are insured with Safeguard and they give you UK/Europe breakdown included in premium. Only called them out twice, once in France & once in Spain but were with me very quickly on both occasions. The French guy did a temporary repair which had to be done permanently later but got me mobile again within about 1hr from call out.

It gives you AA cover in UK and usually local company in Europe

Mike

Archived