Malvern show

jazz

Having booked for malvern and to be informed that CCC site is fully booked ,Warners demand a further £2 for the privilege of camping further away in the general camping area .It seems Warners would rather lose £52 instead of the extra £2.?I was told that the booking form does stipulate this condition (you need a magnifying glass to find it).disappointed showgoers

jazz - 2015-07-15 3:49 PM

Having booked for malvern and to be informed that CCC site is fully booked ,Warners demand a further £2 for the privilege of camping further away in the general camping area .It seems Warners would rather lose £52 instead of the extra £2.?I was told that the booking form does stipulate this condition (you need a magnifying glass to find it).disappointed showgoers

I'm always a disappointed showgoer, I now hate shows with a passion. Tell them to stuff it, let them keep the pitch while you keep the cash. I think I know who would be happier.

So you were too late to book the C&CC area and get the club discount, because that area has finite capacity and it's full. Perhaps the C&CC underestimated demand and didn't ask for a big enough area.

Anyway you were too late - and you are outraged that your only remaining option was to camp in the general area and lose the £2 discount for booking on time to camp in the C&CC club area.

I suppose if the £2 discount is really important to you you could try to book as a member of another club. To get closer to the action (and the noise) you could spin a yarn to your GP and get yourself a disabled badge and camp in the disabled area, which will be as close to the exhibition area as any. Most people who have disabled badges in UK don't seem to struggle much to walk and only a tiny fraction use walking aids, so you wouldn't have to take the trouble to put on a limp.

Or you could walk the extra couple of hundred yards, which would be good for you, and pay the normal price for camping. Deciding not to go and missing a good Show for the sake of a £2 discount would be rather like biting your own nose off to spite your face wouldn't it?

StuartO - 2015-07-19 4:25 PM

To get closer to the action (and the noise) you could spin a yarn to your GP and get yourself a disabled badge and camp in the disabled area, which will be as close to the exhibition area as any. Most people who have disabled badges in UK don't seem to struggle much to walk and only a tiny fraction use walking aids, so you wouldn't have to take the trouble to put on a limp.

QUOTE]

A lot of Disabled Badge users don't use walking aids but need to park in a space that has enough room to open the doors fully, especially in a car, as they have difficulty in getting in and out of a vehicle. I don't think GPs have anything to do with it these days, it is the Disability Nurse/Worker that assesses the need for the Blue Badge at the time of your application when you have to visit the people who issue them. This is what happened in my Husbands case.

Randonneur - 2015-07-19 5:09 PM

StuartO - 2015-07-19 4:25 PM

.. To get closer to the action (and the noise) you could spin a yarn to your GP and get yourself a disabled badge and camp in the disabled area, which will be as close to the exhibition area as any. Most people who have disabled badges in UK don't seem to struggle much to walk and only a tiny fraction use walking aids, so you wouldn't have to take the trouble to put on a limp.

A lot of Disabled Badge users don't use walking aids but need to park in a space that has enough room to open the doors fully, especially in a car, as they have difficulty in getting in and out of a vehicle. I don't think GPs have anything to do with it these days, it is the Disability Nurse/Worker that assesses the need for the Blue Badge at the time of your application when you have to visit the people who issue them. This is what happened in my Husbands case.

I was writing, tongue in cheek, in response to what I saw as the OP's pettiness and I took a sideswipe at the many people in UK who abuse the Blue Badge system, which is a hobby horse of mine. I was not commenting on use of those spaces by the genuinely disabled, of whom your husband might be one.

I have difficulty getting in and out of the car in a car park these days but I don't use a disabled space for that reason. My problem is that I'm too fat and I take the opportunity to remind myself to lose more weight!

Thanks for the responses but it was the principal, the onset of age and health that prompted our decision and the wife and I felt it would have been so much easier for Warners to waive the additional £2 charge.

Archived