Cite Europe.(Calais)

coach2000

The coach park is okay but gets fairly busy and one coach driver told me they (the coach drivers) do not really like campervans taking their spaces. When I was there recently the management opened the barrier that stopped high vehicles getting into the gravel covered car park almost opposite the coach park and a few campervans found their way into it. One other point, when we were leaving that evening we saw a couple of campervans coming in a settling down for the night. I dont think that they were aware that the building next door is a police station and magistracy where scores of illegal immigrants seemed to be released from.............. Happy shopping Oh, the petrol station has a barrier at the entrance.

Hi Coach, Don't know which carpark it is but the one we have always used is to the west side of Cite Europe on the opposite side of the road to one of the main exits where if you are lucky you can get in, else you have to walk round the front, no real problem though. You get to it by driving (on the road rather than in the car park) past the front of the Mall and as you go round the west side of the Mall it is on your right near to the exit 'T' junction which is one way from the way you are travelling. It may be the coach park for all I know but I have never seen one in there, in fact when we have been there at differing times of the day it has either been empty or just one other motorhome. Cant say that I have noticed a Police station there either so it may be a different one, but it works for us (well it did it will probably be full of other motorhomes now :-D :-D :-D ). Bas

Hi its the coach park we use as well, Eurotunnel is at the bottom over the fence. Went there this year on our way back from the south on a Sunday, it was all closed 8-) Wife was very disappointed, so was I ;-) Not like our shopping centres. Olley gps is 50.55'54.6n 1.48'41.3e

Never go there now since my last try and found it impossible to park. If they can't provide parking, then they don't get my business - it's as simple as that. We use Auchan outside Boulogne or in Calais West with an excellent Sainsbury's there.

[QUOTE]Mel E - 2006-10-28 12:48 PM Never go there now since my last try and found it impossible to park. If they can't provide parking, then they don't get my business - it's as simple as that. We use Auchan outside Boulogne or in Calais West with an excellent Sainsbury's there.[/QUOTE] Auchan at Boulogne have a dumping point at the petrol station, there's also water available. Don

Cite Europe is NOT open on Sundays. We called there in September on the Saturday evening, before going to the ferry, we parked in the coach park, there was coaches parked there all getting filled up to leave, it was about 6pm, there was plenty of room. The shops were closing at 8pm, but i think Carrefour was open till later.

[QUOTE] Went there this year on our way back from the south on a Sunday, it was all closed 8-) Wife was very disappointed, so was I ;-) Not like our shopping centres. [/QUOTE] It's called civilisation. Most shops in Europe are closed on Sundays, to allow time for the more important things in life, like family and friends.

I know I'm being thick - nothing new there - but where abouts in Boulogne is the Auchan. Got very lost trying to find it before. How are the prices and choices there. I find the le Clerc on the road down expensive and too British. Though marginally better than Cite Europe. When we do our final shopping I want to buy the things I can't get at home... soap powder I can buy here.

[QUOTE]Norma - 2006-10-30 6:49 PM I know I'm being thick - nothing new there - but where abouts in Boulogne is the Auchan. Got very lost trying to find it before. How are the prices and choices there. I find the le Clerc on the road down expensive and too British. Though marginally better than Cite Europe. When we do our final shopping I want to buy the things I can't get at home... soap powder I can buy here.[/QUOTE] Norma, From Junc 32 A16 Autoroute follow the signs "Centre Commerce" it's well signed but a bit akward to follow. Don

Hi Don I thought it was juntion 31 on the A16 and follow the signs for Saint Omer which I think is the N42 albeit the numbers may of changed, Be careful when you come off at 31 as there is a large commercial centre with i think a Buffalo Grill DO NOT head for this as the Auchan store with others is on another big retail park about 0.5 km along the N42 heading towards St Omer away from Boulogne Hope this helps

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2006-11-01 11:40 PM Hi Don I thought it was juntion 31 on the A16 and follow the signs for Saint Omer which I think is the N42 albeit the numbers may of changed, Be careful when you come off at 31 as there is a large commercial centre with i think a Buffalo Grill DO NOT head for this as the Auchan store with others is on another big retail park about 0.5 km along the N42 heading towards St Omer away from Boulogne Hope this helps [/QUOTE] Brian, Your right, I've just checked my travel notes and it's Junc 31, another senior moment. We use it so often you don't think about road numbers. The French are in the process of changing the road numbers. I don't know all the details but for the through routes the E Numbers might be the best to use. We use the D roads a lot I hope they don't mess them about too much. Don

Archived