Remis Screen Blind Repair Help Please

Zydeco Joe

The Remis pull up screen blind in my 2005 Auto Trail Tracker is starting to have troubles with the tags coming off as seen in the photos. Drivers side of the two is the worst of the 2 but both are affected .It still works but we have to be very careful when we use it. Have tried using double sided tape but it did not last long, as it's in the sun and it gets hot and so comes unstuck after only a few days.Has anybody repaired one or am I looking at a replacement ?.

1502681899_Blind1.thumb.jpg.57b62366341a823f77ba634710bc5244.jpg

Screen.thumb.jpg.decd57cbb692374b382605b21e319eaf.jpg

I assume the blind is original, so now about 10 years old? If you successfully replace the missing tabs it is likely the remaining originals will detach one by one, so the repairs seem likely to go on for a while yet, with the added risk of damage to the blind as you do them. It may be worth finding out if replacement fabric complete with tabs is available, but I suspect you'd have to remove the whole installation to do this, so it would be worth checking the condition of the plastic frames beforehand, as they too will have been exposed to UV light and heat over their life, and may by now be becoming brittle. Easiest (though not cheapest), I guess, would be to regard the blind as having done well over the past 10 years, and just replace with new.

I'm assuming your van is based on the "facelifted" X240 Ducato (or Peugeot Boxer), but I've no idea whether the same pattern of blind as you have is still produced, so it may be best initially to e-mail Remis direct. They had a UK agent back in 2005 when I last dealt with them, but I've no idea whether he is still involved. However, he was extremely helpful at the time.

If you just "Google" Remis blinds UK you'll probably get a few responses for suppliers. At a guess, I'd think Leisure Shop Direct may sell them. However, all the ones I've seen have been plastic framed.

Found what could be a new one at Leisure Outlet but will wait to see if Diamond Dave in Telford can fix it next week when he does my annual services and mot as the new one is nearly £250, (not sure if metal or plastic). Found on Out&AboutLive some one with a Remis blind problem back in Feb 2012 and looks like Remis don't help MH's much. Will keep on trying and if anybody knows of any spare blinds please contact.

Archived