Fridge Vents / Fans

Ninian

Guest Joe90

On my previous van I bought two of these, and cobbled together a mounting frame, they have temperature sensors which I fixed to the condenser unit, controlled by a simple switch to turn them off which was the most tricky part of the job, picking up the 12 volt supply from the rear of the fridge, then routing wiring to the inside of the van to a switch with integral light to indicate when in the on position..

http://www.ebuyer.com/546792-arctic-f8-pro-80mm-case-fan-afaco-08p00-gba01?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&mkwid=s33HJTcq6_dc&pcrid=51508048139&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CjwKEAjw8qetBRCj6vKH8IC_kwoSJADGQ8dSeArSXbAkN5lDPnCvrf60QN6A6_LcZAp-LNToJa6MLhoCnFnw_wcB

With our current van I have not bothered, instead just taking the top vent off altogether when the fridge starts to struggle.........it's worth knowing that Dometic state that integral insect screens within the covers effectively cuts down the ventilation area by 50 %, so just taking of the top vent allowed the heat to escape far quicker, and the internal fridge temperature soon settled back and stayed within 0 to 5 degrees, and that was when we had that very hot spell in the 30s in France a couple of weeks ago.

Archived