water on roof

Pete-B

Hi,

I've got a new Bessacarr E462 and I'm finding after any rain we finish with gallons and gallons of water pooled on the roof. Enough in fact that even standing on the step to get in the van water can pour off and down the side and considering I'm only 10st is shows how much gathers up there and when I pull away it cascades off the back!

How do other people deal with this? I've even considered running the front wheels up on my ramps to try and prevent it, it that advisable?

One other thing, what would be the best thing to mop up the water when I get on the roof, after brushing off the worst?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Or just park two wheels either fronts, rears, right side or left side on paving slabs, concrete blocks, bricks, pieces of wood or whatever to create an angle for water run off - or live with it as they all do it to a greater or lesser degree when parked at a certain angle!

Guest Joe90
Join the club, quite a common place scenario, only answer is to park in such a way that there is a fall on the roof from where it's pooling, my van if parked on the level does it, seems like gallons of the stuff, and quite why many manufacturers don't design in a continuous fall on the roof line is a mystery.

Pete-B - 2015-07-23 7:20 PM

Hi,

I've got a new Bessacarr E462 and I'm finding after any rain we finish with gallons and gallons of water pooled on the roof. Enough in fact that even standing on the step to get in the van water can pour off and down the side and considering I'm only 10st is shows how much gathers up there and when I pull away it cascades off the back!

How do other people deal with this? I've even considered running the front wheels up on my ramps to try and prevent it, it that advisable?

One other thing, what would be the best thing to mop up the water when I get on the roof, after brushing off the worst?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I think most vans are similar, our roof water runs off the front or back depending on the levelness of the van, on first breaking when setting off a torrent runs down the windscreen it is just something you may have to live with. When you park up on a site make sure the door side is slightly higher so you don't get a free shower when you stand on the step.

Colin Leake - 2015-07-24 2:19 PM

Collected the equivalent of three Olympic swimming pools on the roof of an AutoTrail whilst up on front levelling blocks. Backed down of said blocks just as wife bent down to pick up block. Get the picture! Or as she did the water.

:-D Love it!

I have same problem with mine but if I forget to shut Drivers window as I come off blocks, it all pours in on me!

Seems I'm in good company then, Can't wait to try the water and block trick, (rotten sod) but I'll get my neighbour to stand by with a camera. She might, just might, see the funny side when it's on film, on the other hand I may not get fed for a while and perhaps loose other favours. (lol)

Pete-B - 2015-07-24 7:04 PM

Seems I'm in good company then, Can't wait to try the water and block trick, (rotten sod) but I'll get my neighbour to stand by with a camera. She might, just might, see the funny side when it's on film, on the other hand I may not get fed for a while and perhaps loose other favours. (lol)

The secret is to put the drivers side slightly higher on blocks so consequently van is leaning slightly to Passenger side as it comes down, thus sending cascade over passenger side. :-D :-D

Furthermore just after this try washing windscreen-sends almighty wave over to sides as they head towards the passenger door! :-D :-D

You may find however this causes a reaction and may result in you talking in a higher pitch afterwards!

Archived