Garage to fit Hymer front springs in Scotland

roblpm

Hi

I am in Edinburgh. My Hymer B674SL A class needs new springs at the front. I can buy them direct from Goldschmitt in Germany at a better price than getting them from the dealer in the UK. I then need them fitted though!

People have used Essenjay and others in England. But does anyone know of a garage in Scotland that has done this before??

Regards

Rob

Going through the same process but await price from Germany direct for the '371' springs . The Goldschmitt outlet in the UK is expensive but I know they are trying to to establish an outlet and fitting centre in Scotland.

My main Fiat dealer is going to fit mine at, what I consider, a reasonable cost.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me the cost from Germany and the carriage charge please.

I have emailed Goldschmitt but await a reply as, I believe, they're on their hols.

Ive been quoted 469 euros gross plus 35 euros postage. This seems very cheap!!! That is for the 371 springs i think.

I am actually getting a service at the fiat dealer in Edinburgh on Thursday. I will ask them about fitting them. My only worry is that i have seen some conments that there is a bit of motorhome dismatling necessary to get to the top of the suspension so I wonder if someone who has motorhome experience would be better??!

Have you considered Knowepark at Livingston? They may have changed but many years ago they would do habitation but not vehicle service however they should be able to take apart and replace panels.

Suggest you ask garage who are going to change springs if the foresee any problems as you may be creating hurdles that do not exist

This company here supply and fit VB springs for motorhomes but doubtless they could fit yours if you obtain the parts:

Central Taillift Service Ltd

Address Bois Bridge, North Road, Inverkeithing, Fife

KY11 1 HQ

Great Britain Contact person: Mrs. S. (Suzanne) HamiltonTelephone 0845 226 8101Cell phone number07970 036983

Emailinfo@centraltaillifts.com Websitehttp://www.centraltaillifts.com/future/html

Frank McAuley - 2015-07-28 9:35 AM

BTW have you got the springs from Goldschmitt yet? I think they're still on hols.

I havent ordered them yet. We are away for a week next week and I will order them on our return. Let me know how you get on if you go first!

Archived