Norfolk motorhome show

Mickt

Just returned from show,

First the place is very good, despite all the heavy rain the ground stayed hard and it seemed

nobody got stuck, unlike Peterborough.

The entertainment every night was very good, heard a few people complaining about price of drinks.

The big thing wrong with the show was lack of dealers and accessory stands.

I am the only one thinking like this

Pretty much my thoughts too! We went for the whole weekend, arrived on Thursday and left yesterday in the rain, we were disappointed with the dealers/traders - quite a few or the usual suspects missing and not replaced and loads of non-mh related stuff - even one stand offering to take a MH in px against a new park home! 8-)

We didn't particularly enjoy the 'hunt the info point' to buy tickets for the bus trip to Norwich as the signage was very bad - we only spotted ONE sign and that was literally just before you got to it! It was away from the rest of the show which was just plain daft.

The buses on Saturday were badly organised - why on earth were single decker coaches used? We were fed of up standing around for over 30 mins in the cold just to get the coach into Norwich and then find that to come back that where we were queuing was the wrong place, despite the coach driving telling us to get it there ... the fiasco that followed wasn't funny with others just walking up and getting on instead of the driver letting those of us who had been queuing getting on first, consequently we ended up having to wait another 15 mins or so for a second one!

The weather obviously didn't help which wasn't the show organisers fault but I did expect it to be bigger than it was especially as we'd made a point of travelling quite a way to go and give our support to it. If it was local to us we'd go for the day but not for the weekend.

The main dealers there were Becks/Lowdham Leisure/Stowmarket Caravan Sales/Simpsons/SMC and a few smaller dealers. No Brownhills/Marquis or Towsure.

What happened to the time Towsure used to have a big display and Brownhills had there club area. I know this was Peterborough but if you don't promote it you will not sell it.

Nearly everybody I spoke to said it was a poor show.

Archived