Euro Tunnel Problems

BrianBW

Guest Peter James
malc d - 2015-07-30 12:09 PM

I heard Dave Cameron this morning doing his bit to persuade the immigrants not to come :.

In an interview he said " They want to come here because it's such a great country to live in, and we have created so many jobs ".

:'(

A French Police Officer at the sharp end put it rather more accurately. He said 'you British want to sort out your black economy - they want to go to Britain because its the only place they can work without passports or identity cards.'

Its exactly the same problem as it was 20 years ago when I was on the lorries.

Younger, fitter and cheaper they will displace Brirtish workers on to benefits. I know of a factory that doesn't like hiring anyone over 25, and won't hire anyone over 30 on its production line because they can't run fast enough.

Guest Peter James
Motorhomemacks - 2015-07-30 2:21 PM

do you know if there is any motorhome parking around the Newhaven .

Mack

On the opposite side of the river to the port you pass several unrestricted free car parks before arriving at the private pay car park by the beach. The guy will lift the barrier to let motorhomes in and charge you.

Alternatively Seaford (about 2 miles east along the coast) has unrestricted free parking in many areas, and the Seafront apart from a 12 hour limit. Parking gets progressively more scarce as you head west towards Brighton.

Archived