Liverpool

gmcclin

Hi folks...I hope you can help me out. I was planning on going to spend some time visiting places of interest in Liverpool. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a campsite with transport link into Liverpool or pub/Hotel that allows overnight Motorhome parking.

If you can't get anything nearer the Caravan Club site at Chester Fairoaks would be OK. Buses run to Liverpool, it takes about an hour. If retired use your bus pass otherwise look at cheapest tickets perhaps a dayrider. Liverpool is now a really good place to visit.

Wills Wagon - 2015-07-29 2:15 PM

If you can't get anything nearer the Caravan Club site at Chester Fairoaks would be OK.

...for this type of option, IMO the CC site at Southport is better.

Less than £5 for an all-day Merseyrail ticket (covers the journey in/out, and all the greater Liverpool area during the day), about 45 minutes travel, and trains every 15 minutes or so until very late.

Robinhood - 2015-07-29 3:50 PM

If you can't get anything nearer the Caravan Club site at Chester Fairoaks would be OK.

Less than £5 for an all-day Merseyrail ticket (covers the journey in/out, and all the greater Liverpool area during the day), about 45 minutes travel, and trains every 15 minutes or so until very late.

Thanks Robinhood. Sounded great but its a members only site unfortunately.

If you can't get anything nearer the Caravan Club site at Chester Fairoaks would be OK. Buses run to Liverpool, it takes about an hour. If retired use your bus pass otherwise look at cheapest tickets perhaps a dayrider. Liverpool is now a really good place to visit.

Looks like this could be the one. Thanks a lot for your help.

gmcclin - 2015-07-29 4:18 PM

Robinhood - 2015-07-29 3:50 PM

Thanks Robinhood. Sounded great but its a members only site unfortunately.

...sorry, I'd overlooked that. :-(

bounty hunter - 2015-07-29 7:28 PM

Pleasureland at Southport is £8 per day and you are in centre of town and you can use Merseyrail. Phone Barbara on 07711502368

John

Much appreciated John. I will get in touch with her. Many thanks

Wirralian - 2015-07-29 10:16 PM

Ger

You could also consider stopping over on the Wirral. We a 5 van site here in Greasby at Arrowbrook Farm, tel no 0151 677 1615.

There is a 10 min bus service to Liverpool a quarter of a mile away.

John

Hi John, Many thanks for the reply. Is this your place? Would you be able to give me some more details please.

artheytrate - 2015-08-06 11:37 AM

bounty hunter - 2015-07-29 7:28 PM

Pleasureland at Southport is £8 per day and you are in centre of town and you can use Merseyrail. Phone Barbara on 07711502368

John

Now £10 per night as I stopped last week end.

John.

Thanks for the info.

Ger.

Sorry that I have not picked up on your reply before tonight. No, this small site has nothing to do with me. Arrowe Brook farm is Camping and Caravanning Club certified site (CS) but is also open to non members and has all the essentials including hook-ups that are to be found on nearly all 5 van site these days. The farmer, Trevor, is a bit relaxed about the '5' van. As I said earlier, its only some quarter of a mile walk to 10 min bus service to Liverpool and shops. (There is also a half hour service to Birkenhead a couple of minutes away).

Hope this helps.

John

Wirralian - 2015-08-10 11:17 PM

Ger.

Sorry that I have not picked up on your reply before tonight. No, this small site has nothing to do with me. Arrowe Brook farm is Camping and Caravanning Club certified site (CS) but is also open to non members and has all the essentials including hook-ups that are to be found on nearly all 5 van site these days. The farmer, Trevor, is a bit relaxed about the '5' van. As I said earlier, its only some quarter of a mile walk to 10 min bus service to Liverpool and shops. (There is also a half hour service to Birkenhead a couple of minutes away).

Hope this helps.

John

Many thanks John for getting back to me. Excellent stuff... all the help has given me some great options. Thanks again.

yeti - 2015-08-11 8:57 PM

lennyhb - 2015-08-11 11:09 AM

Stayed at a CL a few years ago on the coast of Birkenhead, 15min walk to Metro Rail station.

where is it can you post details please?

Certain it was here, can't look it up, no longer a member.

53.406842, -3.148585

I remember it was expensive either £15 or £20 a night, wouldn't give a discount if you didn't use EHU despite the fact the field was muddy so you couldn't get a Motorhome anywhere near a EHU point.

lennyhb - 2015-08-12 11:06 AM

Stayed at a CL a few years ago on the coast of Birkenhead, 15min walk to Metro Rail station.

53.406842, -3.148585

I remember it was expensive either £15 or £20 a night, wouldn't give a discount if you didn't use EHU despite the fact the field was muddy so you couldn't get a Motorhome anywhere near a EHU point.

That is Park Lane livery and the former 'campsite' is a Gerry Springer 'holiday park' more money in that!

yeti - 2015-08-12 2:19 PM

lennyhb - 2015-08-12 11:06 AM

53.406842, -3.148585

That is Park Lane livery and the former 'campsite' is a Gerry Springer 'holiday park' more money in that!

speaking of money this is more lucrative,but not always!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-seize-500000-heroin-haul-4724364

Archived