Supplier of removable seat covers for VW T5 with armrests please

Vixter

Hi everyone!

I am looking for removable, washable seat covers for the two single front seats ( turnable, with armrests) of our VW T5 camper.

Have struggled for awhile now with large bath-towels and lots of safety pins - it's time to do it properly!

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks for the prompt reply Icarus.

I'm sure these are good covers, but really more suited to delivery drivers, artisans etc who use their vans professionally. I am looking for thick, soft, washable fabric that will be both durable and comfortable, while looking more like a motorhome upholstery fabric.

I have spent many hours trawling the internet for something suitable without success, also - I will need them to be sent out to us in France, which further adds to the restrictions!

Hi Vickie, no we haven't used them but they are about 10 minutes from us and I think that other people on the forum have used them. We were thinking of having them but we might be changing the van. When we wanted to cover the seats I bought 2 bath sheets and 2 small hand towels from Ikea and sewed the two together making a long length and put two ties on each of the hand towel bit, these went over the headrest and then tied together at the back, this has worked well for 4 years. A bit difficult to describe really.

Well, yes Sylvia, I have been doing the same in the past when we have been on holiday, but now that we have the small camper Roger uses it as an everyday runaround - tows the trailer to the tip, etc, so he's usually in his manky work clothes and the light grey upholstery is beginning to suffer.

I have been trying to place an order with SB (their products look very good) but it would appear that they sell their covers through (at least) two different online outlets. One is for VANS and the covers are £49.99 (plus post) for a pair, but the MOTORHOME website shows the same product for £79.99 per pair. I can get no sense at all from them by phone (same number for the two websites), absolutely no help at all, and the boss (Mr Dee) is now not available to me. Can't just order online because I want them posting to France, I come back (catch 22?) to needing to speak to someone to place this order, and no-one will accept the order at £49.99.

Now I am beginning to feel rather put out about all this . It seems they are endorsed by the Caravan and Camping Club...

Archived