Old Crystop Autosat2

keninpalamos

I have the old Autosat 2 satellite system on my 'van and has worked fine until Febuary/March this year when it informed me I had no stations on the memory and it was right it didn't! so now it will do a sat search but doesn't find any satellites. Any ideas or has it died. :-S

• 3 weeks later...

No I don't think it has died. I have an old autosat2s on my camper. How it lost the stations is a mystery. However I do know that it needs a good strong channel in position 1 when it is searching for Astra2. So no stored channel means no satellite found. Suggestion 1 is to manually find the satellite. This can be done in the manual section of the menus. Elevate it to around +22 degrees and about 120 degrees away from North. The Azimuth reading is counted from the park position ( facing the rear of the camper ) so you will have to do some maths to calculate the angle from North or just park the camper facing dead South ( Dish will be facing North ) and then the 120 degrees will be close. Easy so far!!! Then in that same manual menu look at the numbers on the bottom right in the format 123/4567. Those are your signal strength. Give it some up, down, left, right and if God smiles upon you the first three figures will rise to about 100. Just supposing all that works you may well be looking at Astra2. Stand on one leg with finger in ear and do a station search. You may get BBC world news and you are away.

This is likely to be very frustrating for you as it is difficult to align in this way. There are sites that can give you exact angles depending on your location.

Suggestion 2. Email the fellas at Crystop in Karlsruhe. They are very helpful and type very good English and don't seem to mind a good back and forth discussion. My Interaction with the UK reps has been underwhelming.

For reference I am in deepest darkest Cornwall at present and have no Interweb so it may be a while before I can view these pages again.

Archived