Carbon Monoxide Detector

PJay

Guest Joe90
keninpalamos - 2015-08-01 4:47 PM

Change colour? , no..they don't change colour... You could paint them I suppose but not while you are asleep

The ones that the OP was enquiring about did............................... if you managed to notice them change colour that is. :D

Joe90 - 2015-08-01 4:30 PM

Not much good if they change colour whilst asleep, still you wouldn't know I guess :D

As this, IMO the only good use for a colour change CMD is for checking whether the electronic alarm has gone off for a good reason. Personally I would ban them as they engender a false sense of security.

PJay - 2015-08-01 3:59 PM

We used to have a CMD , which was a stick on card with a red middle, (which should change colour)

Can you still buy them? If so, can any tell me where, please?

PJay

If you Google " carbon monoxide card " you will find you can get the cards from Amazon.

I think that Maplin also do something similar.

I used to have a couple myself but, as others have said, they are not a lot of good if you are asleep at the time ( or don't keep checking them every day ).

Replaced ours with an audible signal type.

:-|

Thanks for replies Guys. We do have an audible signal one. Must just make sure it is switched on!!

As we don't use the gas very often, as we use sites mainly, and have electric hob plate, will not bother.

We had the card one, when we where new to motorhoming, and thought it a good idea, at the time!

PJay

Archived