E720 Continous 12V DC Supply to Fridge

MAB

Thanks Brian.

Having slept on it I have come to the same conclusion.

My guess is there is a terminal strip screwed to the side of the cabinet the fridge is next to. Looking across the top of the fridge I can see there is a 25-30mm space between the side of the fridge and the neighbouring cabinet. The cable from the terminal block with the Violet and Black wires looks to be long enough to allow the fridge to be retracted in order to gain access to the intermediate terminal strip.

This would make sense as the production build would have fitted the wiring looms first followed by the cabinets, and the fridge would have been a final install.

Thx - Mark

MAB - 2015-08-05 9:30 AM

Thanks Brian.

Having slept on it I have come to the same conclusion.

..................Looking across the top of the fridge I can see there is a 25-30mm space between the side of the fridge and the neighbouring cabinet. ........................

Thx - Mark

You're welcome Mark. :-)

A bit late now, but that gap should have been closed during assembly of the van. As Dometic set out in their installation instructions, the space at the rear of the fridge should be sealed from the interior of the van. Failure to do so at least creates draughts into the van, and can result in fridge exhaust fumes entering when running on gas. If you have the time, energy, and inclination at some time, it may be worth closing it. It may even improve the efficiency of the fridge. Naughty Swift! :-(

Hi Brian,

The gap is closed at the rear and at the front.

When you remove the electronics box at the top of the fridge you can see a gap on each side but it is not open to the rear. So all is good.

What Swift should have been smarter about is where the connection is homed for the transfer between the brown/yellow wire and the flying lead with the purple/black wires. This should have been positioned under the false floors of the cupboards either side of the fridge, which already home other cables and connectors. Would have been much simpler and obvious.

Cheers - Mark

Just to confirm I've run a new wire breaking and connecting to the exiting wire via the bottom air vent behind the fridge, and running to the terminal strip at the top of the fridge. This has resolved the problem by providing a good 12 V electronics supply and everything now working okay.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. In the end the folks at Sargent gave me the key info as to the source of the 12 V electronics supply. Thanks to sshortcircuit for pointing me to the EC200 as the likely area at fault. Although the fault was not at the EC200 it did give me the starting point I was looking for as to the source of the 12 V electronics supply to the fridge.

Thx - Mark

Archived