Cheapest Isle of Wight fares?

michaelmorris

We'd like to take our van over to the Isle of Wight some time, but every time I look the ferry fare puts me off. I've spoken to various friends who tell me "no, we went for half that".

Is there a website where I can find out which time/dates give the cheapest fares without having to experiment with endless permutations of dates and times?

Thanks

We have been to the IoW for the past couple of years outside of the July / August period. Go on the Red Funnel website and you will see special deals for combined ferry and camping offer for 5 or 10 nights at 4 different sites on the Island. Our MH is quite long and tall (3.0m) and it cost us about £180 for return crossing, mid-day each way and 5 nights at Waverley Park (East Cowes). This is a good site for MH owners as public transport, i.e. buses stop a short walk from the site outside the Waitrose supermarket.

Alan

I live local to IOW, (across the water) They often offer value prices by booking a hotel as Colin says.

Try looking up the IOW website, or a hotel you fancy . It is expensive to cross to the island, (can be cheaper to cross the channel)

PJay

PS the lymington to Yarmouth is a shorter crossing, so may be cheaper? Than Portsmouth/Southampton.

We go to the Isle of Wight festival most years and stay at Waverley Park in Cowes.

Their rates including ferry crossing are very reasonable.

Nice site and close to ferry, and a very short walk into town centre via the chain ferry.

Walking distance to Osborne House and bus stop right by site.

Also short walk to Waitrose.

The ferry companies and campsites usually have offers on. We booked through the Caravan Club for 5 nights this September because it had an offer on. However, when we phoned, the CC staff member found us a cheaper ferry price.

Go out of season if you can. People often boast about a bargain like a fisherman boasts about the size of the one that got away.

Archived