Break into Motorholmes on Aires

capnjaj

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not at all curious - I know I can sleep through thinder storms and so do many others - especially when very tired - and burglars also know that many people sleep through noise and disturbances too - in fact they rely on that - what have they got to lose - if anyone wakes and starts to make a fuss the scumbags will be well away by the time you are out of bed let alone clothed and shoed and awke enough to give chase - even if you were daft enough to give chase in a foreign land at night!

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-08-20 7:42 PM

It's just as curious that people sleep soundly through numerous house burglaries as well.

Yeah, but my house doesn't rock when people move about it, neither do I sleep within a couple of feet of my front door :-S ...........

Even the dog licking its ar*e wakes me up, so I cant see how I'd sleep through people rifling through my van *-) .........

I expect they have xray vision too so they can find stuff in the dark :D ...........

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-08-20 7:53 PM

if anyone wakes and starts to make a fuss the scumbags will be well away by the time you are out of bed let alone clothed and shoed and awke enough to give chase - even if you were daft enough to give chase in a foreign land at night!

Has anyone reported waking up during one of these robberies yet? :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2015-08-20 7:57 PM

It's just as curious that people sleep soundly through numerous house burglaries as well.

Yeah, but my house doesn't rock when people move about it, neither do I sleep within a couple of feet of my front door :-S ...........

Even the dog licking its ar*e wakes me up, so I cant see how I'd sleep through people rifling through my van *-) .........

Are you serious..............................one look at your van and they'd know they would be wasting their time. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-08-20 8:02 PM

Are you serious..............................one look at your van and they'd know they would be wasting their time. ;-)

Another advantage of owning a classic camper B-) ...........

pelmetman - 2015-08-20 8:04 PM

Most would say the only one.........................

Odd that those Jenson Button toxicology reports haven't surfaced yet......................or more likely there was bugger all to report,

other than a thief got very lucky finding a tiny object worth 250K in a very large house.

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-08-20 8:09 PM

Odd that those Jenson Button toxicology reports haven't surfaced yet......................or more likely there was bugger all to report,

other than a thief got very lucky finding a tiny object worth 250K in a very large house.

Must be an insurance scam then ;-) .............as I read he's down to his last 71 million :D .........

pelmetman - 2015-08-20 8:13 PM

Must be an insurance scam then ;-) .............as I read he's down to his last 71 million :D .........

Could be anything, that's the point, you don't know, I don't know, and from what I can see of it, no one else knows.

And certainly the French Police don't know, with their blood tests and all.

And if you think just because someone is well healed they wouldn't be up to a bit of dodgy business you've obviously been living in a parallel universe to most of us.

Well funny enough Pelmetman the campers in the next van to my son told us that they had been awakened during the night to find someone trying to get into their van, they obviously ran off but they said there was three of them one in the car and two committing the offences, so some people obviously do wake during a disturbance, sadly we didn't.

Just goes to show how different we all are.

Pelmetman will be very disappointed to hear that, he's convinced all of these thieves carefully render their victims unconscious first,

he's never heard of heavy sleepers,

like friends of ours that would sleep through an earthquake.

Guest pelmetman
Lulu - 2015-08-20 8:44 PM

Well funny enough Pelmetman the campers in the next van to my son told us that they had been awakened during the night to find someone trying to get into their van, they obviously ran off but they said there was three of them one in the car and two committing the offences, so some people obviously do wake during a disturbance, sadly we didn't.

Just goes to show how different we all are.

That's interesting, BTW how did they gain access?.......were your locks damaged?......

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-08-20 8:51 PM

Pelmetman will be very disappointed to hear that, he's convinced all of these thieves carefully render their victims unconscious first,

but perhaps they were new at the job.

Or they run out of gas :D .........

Probably all they had left over from the J Button job,

makes you wonder why they target motorhomes just on the off chance they get a couple of bob, and a old Nokia pay as you go phone, and sometimes a cake

rather than a 250K diamond ring now and again.

They gained access through our front passenger door and our sons drivers door , it was clearly visible on the lock that they had used something to gain access, but caused very little damage. The family who woke and disturbed them told us they were trying to cut the seal on the window of their van, so they were obviously carrying a knife of some description.

Guest pelmetman
Lulu - 2015-08-20 9:02 PM

They gained access through our front passenger door and our sons drivers door , it was clearly visible on the lock that they had used something to gain access, but caused very little damage. The family who woke and disturbed them told us they were trying to cut the seal on the window of their van, so they were obviously carrying a knife of some description.

Curious that they were using different methods to gain access, were they different van types ie Fiat Ford etc?.........

Sorry for all the questions its not often we get first hand reports ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Lulu - 2015-08-20 9:21 PM

Our van is a Fiat, our sons is a Peugeot , the one were they tried to cut the rubber seal was a French van with French occupants, lm sorry l don't know what make of van it was.

Fiat & Peugeot would be the same lock type I'd have thought?.......

Which would explain why both your vans had marks on the locks......

At least it didn't wreck your holiday ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2015-08-20 8:01 PM

Has anyone reported waking up during one of these robberies yet? :-S ..........

Yes......see post #17 which a couple of friends of mine experienced in France. TBH i'm not sure which is worse....waking up to find someone rooting through your van, or sleeping all the way through it. Either way its a very nasty experience and in their case, his wife was so badly shaken by it it put an end to their motorhoming days and it was repaired and sold when they got back to UK.

Guest pelmetman

Ahem ;-) ..............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11815252/Jenson-Button-speaks-of-his-horror-at-the-blood-test-which-confirmed-he-and-wife-were-gassed-in-midnight-raid.html

Maybe the myth is.......You don't need a tanker load of the stuff *-) .......

Remains of 3 unknown vagrants(suspected) were found just outside a Classic British motorcaravan, this morning, French Police believe the vagrants had forced the Door lock and entered the Motorcaravan, only to be rendered unconconcious by the combined strength of 3 sleeping Labradors Farting at the shock of the disturbance, the dogs, oppurtunists by nature, and who had missed their evening meal, and were obviously very hungry decicided to eat the evidence, but fell alseep again before their task was complete.

French Police are taking Blood samples from the Dogs, to see if they were gassed before the door was forced. And are thinking of prosecuting the Dogs owners for leaving the Dogs alone in the motorhome. ;-) ;-)

Archived