Cleaning the top of the cooker

Tesseo 490

I have a cramer butane 3 ring cooker fitted in my Benimar MH. The instructions under care and cleaning of the appliance say

7.1 A standard cleansing agent can be used to clean the appliance.

then

7.3 To avoid damage, the outer surface of the appliance should be cleaned only using a damp cloth.

Can anyone advise what I can use to clean the cooker which will not scratch or damage it??

Many thanks

I have a Cramer hob and just use washing up liquid to clean the stainless steel surface around the burners with the occasional use of a plastic scourer or plastic credit card to remove stubborn grease.

If you use a spray cleaner just keep it away from the gas knobs. Some aerosol cleaners contain corrosive substances and if it seeps into the spindle of the gas knob it can stop the knobs from turning. This problem was discussed in another forum and seems quite plausible.

Even washing up liquid contains a small amount of salt which is mildly corrosive but providing it is washed off with clean water it should be OK - hopefully !!!

I've always used cream cleaner on s/s hobs if they have some 'burnt on' grime (not difficult when hubby's been cooking!), rather than scrub, I spread the cleaner onto the burnt bits and leave it on, for at least 10 minutes, then go back to it and wipe it off, if needs be I use a plastic scourer (not metal!) to remove the remaining grime, the difficult part is being patient and letting the cleaner do the hard work for you!

Archived