Fridge and Heating fuses

Willum

747Heavy - 2015-08-13 7:24 AM...................................I've had a further discussion with Camper UK (Burstner UK, as far as I'm aware) ....................................Will

Will, Burstner UK were (and as far as I am aware still are) a branch office of Burstner Gmbh, intended primarily as the contact centre for their UK dealerships.

I submitted a couple of queries regarding our T585 via the main Burstner website back in 2005/6, and the queries were passed through Germany to Burstner UK, and Ian Knowles responded.

The address was Burstner UK Ltd, PO Box 164, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, DL13 1WZ. Tel 01388 537960. If you do contact them direct, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know if this is still the correct address etc.

However, as you now have better advice regarding the supply source for that pump, which gives you the opportunity to improve on the original Burstner installation, and as Ian would probably only be referred back to the original fit data, I'm assuming you will proceed as advised by A and N in preference to reinstating what seems a less than ideal starting point, so may choose not to make contact.

Brian Kirby - 2015-08-13 12:55 PM

747Heavy - 2015-08-13 7:24 AM...................................I've had a further discussion with Camper UK (Burstner UK, as far as I'm aware) ....................................Will

Will, Burstner UK were (and as far as I am aware still are) a branch office of Burstner Gmbh, intended primarily as the contact centre for their UK dealerships.

I submitted a couple of queries regarding our T585 via the main Burstner website back in 2005/6, and the queries were passed through Germany to Burstner UK, and Ian Knowles responded.

The address was Burstner UK Ltd, PO Box 164, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, DL13 1WZ. Tel 01388 537960. If you do contact them direct, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know if this is still the correct address etc.

However, as you now have better advice regarding the supply source for that pump, which gives you the opportunity to improve on the original Burstner installation, and as Ian would probably only be referred back to the original fit data, I'm assuming you will proceed as advised by A and N in preference to reinstating what seems a less than ideal starting point, so may choose not to make contact.

Thanks Brian. You're right, I've got all the info I need to solve the problem. I'm very grateful to everybody for the information and pictures, A and N especially for pulling that EBL to bits to have a look. I'll try the number you gave and see if they still exist. I turned up the Camper UK lot by typing in 'burstner uk' to dear old Google. It inferred they were 'Burstner UK'. Either way, I wouldn't mind hearing the factory take on the issue.

I've emailed Alde with a couple of questions about the pump. There do seem to be a great many references to it failing. It also certainly happened to a friend with an Elegance. The description they give for the replacement (Johnson) is not 100% clear - but the price is. £220 plus. 8-) 8-) I would have expected a pump in that sort of environment to be the magnetic drive type - a la aquarium water circulating pump. I owned lots of them and they're just about bomb proof. There are no shaft seals to leak and the only thing they don't like is very hard water - not a problem for us.

I'll keep posting the results. :-D

Will

Brian Kirby - 2015-08-13 12:55 PM

Hi Brian.

The phone number is correct and I did indeed speak to Ian Knowles. As predicted, the factory is shut for the summer holidays, so there's currently no reference back to them.

I was directed to Camper UK as Burstner UK's technical and servicing reference. That's the company that I'd been speaking to - and coincidentally have an 'Ian' as the main man on the servicing side.

Their details:

Address: Deacon Road, Lincoln LN2 4JB

Phone:01522 697070

Hours: Open today · 8:30 a.m. – 5:00

web address: http://www.camperuk.co.uk

I've also heard back from Alde. They are confident that the (Johnson) pump they supply is more than adequate for the job - they would be, I suppose. They also say that a 3 amp fuse is sufficient to protect it. That would perhaps explain why someone thought the AES outlet on mine was suitable as a power supply, with an uprated fuse. It looks as if there was a change of ideas later on in the production run.

I've asked them to clarify the pump construction details. I asked the same question as I suggested on here, To wit:

Is it the 'magnet drive' type?

The few details they sent me don't mention, or clarify, that bit.

The reason I'm chasing that aspect is the magnetic drive type of pump has no shaft seals to leak. An important point with a unit as awkwardly sited as mine and with the potential to spew engine coolant into the bowels of the camper that would probably go un-noticed until the engine coolant started to disappear.

Looking back on the web, leaks from the pump are by no means an unknown scenario. :-(

Will

Archived