Beware Motorway Service Area

Guest Peter James

Guest Peter James

I try not to stop on motorway car parks when I have got valuables in the car. I know crooks use them so they can get a quick getaway on the motorway. But yesterday I got caught short and had no choice. I had to leave my bagpipes on view on the back seat as the boot was full, so I was only gone for a few minutes.

When I walked back to the car I got that sinking feeling :-(

What I saw then confirmed my worst fears :-(

Some numpties had forced the window down and chucked two more sets of bagpipes in >:-)

Peter James - 2015-08-09 7:06 PM

Some very wise people had forced the window down and chucked two more sets of bagpipes in >:-)[

/QUOTE]

At least now you can busk to really frighten the tourists but whatever else you do with 'em - dinna let the baggers breed.

Guest pelmetman

I was mugged at a motorway service area *-) ................

I bought some fuel 8-) ..............

For many years I'd heard bagpipes being played and the sound of cats being throttled came to mind at the noise they made.

Then a few years ago we went to watch, and hear, The Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate in Ypres.

I don't know whether it's the acoustics inside the building, the poignant remembrance of War and the senseless loss of life when you're surrounded by the names of the fallen or perhaps just the music played but for the first time the sound of bagpipes echoing around seemed like the finest music I've ever heard.

I'm still not encouraged to listen to bagpipes on a regular basis but at that time and place they seemed to be the perfect instrument for that occasion.

PS – I am not Scottish!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing better than the sound of bagpipes being shoved up a uddersfield woofers a**s and listening to a load of hot air coming out. >:-)

Then there's The Red Hot Chilli Pipers....great stuff, and make sure to listen to The Dropkick Murphy's. 8-) On You Tube.

I love rock'n roll with bagpipes :-D

Dave McSporan

nowtelse2do - 2015-08-28 4:22 PM

Nothing better than the sound of bagpipes being shoved up a uddersfield woofers a**s and listening to a load of hot air coming out. >:-)

Then there's The Red Hot Chilli Pipers....great stuff, and make sure to listen to The Dropkick Murphy's. 8-) On You Tube.

Dave McSporan

That's tickled me old fella ... Very funny ! ... I'm on YouTube doing said botty bagpipes to the tune of Red Rose of Lancashire and trust me it's very red ... So long old timer xx

antony1969 - 2015-08-28 5:58 PM

Dave McSporan

That's tickled me old fella ... Very funny ! ... I'm on YouTube doing said botty bagpipes to the tune of Red Rose of Lancashire and trust me it's very red ... So long old timer xx

Hello my young sparring partner. Saw something derogatory you said about me on one of the threads, but for life in me i can't find it....losing it you know :-S

Yes, they let me out for a couple of weeks so went over to Ireland, the wifi is crap over there...bit like Dave's Horace...slow :-D that's when i saw it and couldn't reply, but all's forgiven. See how nice i'm being now that i had my 70th over there.

Loads of houses with no roofs on, good place for a decent woofer......so that leaves you........no!!...I won't say it, trying to keep it nice eh a. ;-)

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2015-08-28 7:19 PM

antony1969 - 2015-08-28 5:58 PM

Dave McSporan

Hello my young sparring partner. Saw something derogatory you said about me on one of the threads, but for life in me i can't find it....losing it you know :-S

Yes, they let me out for a couple of weeks so went over to Ireland, the wifi is crap over there...bit like Dave's Horace...slow :-D that's when i saw it and couldn't reply, but all's forgiven. See how nice i'm being now that i had my 70th over there.

Loads of houses with no roofs on, good place for a decent woofer......so that leaves you........no!!...I won't say it, trying to keep it nice eh a. ;-)

Dave

Glad you had a nice time old fella ... I'll give you some bizznass cards next time the home takes ya out and ya can get one of the nurses to hand em out for me if ya don't mind

Happy 70th young un ... You've lost all ya bodily functions but you've hung on to your sense of humour

The drinks are on me next time you come over from the dark side

Archived